Chapter 91

Lylie and Fred had their notes sprawled over the hardwood floor of the common room. They were currently studying for an evaluation 3 weeks from that day.

Fred complained, "Do we REALLY have to study THIS early?" He groaned as he scratched something in his notebook.

"Yes. It's very difficult material. 'Best to start studying early." Lylie mumbled as she was reading her textbook.

"THREE WEEKS early?" Fred continued to be a pest.

"Quiet, Frederick." Lylie snapped as she scribbled something in her notebook.

"No problem, love." Fred grinned cheekily and began to hum to himself.

Lylie sighed exasperatedly, "You can leave if you don't want to be here."

"I'd like to leave -" Fred began, but Lylie interrupted in a playful manner, "Then get out." Fred snipped, "I wasn't finished." Lylie rolled her eyes, "Carry on." Fred cleared his throat and repeated the first half of his statement, "I'd like to leave, but, seeing as you're here, I'll stay."

Lylie hid her smile as she jotted down a note in her copybook.

George came thumping down the rickety stairs from the boys' dorm. Fred greeted George, "Hello, brother."

George replied, "Hello, brother." George glanced down at Fred and Lylie's work, he questioned, "Are you studying for the Astronomy test that's in three weeks?"

"Precisely." Lylie responded without looking up to George. Fred fake-coughed to get Lylie's attention. She snapped her head upward to see Fred throwing an annoyed expression in her direction.

Lylie slapped her forehead, "I told you, you can LEAVE."

Fred's hands shot up toward the ceiling, surrendering, "I didn't even say anything!"

George snorted. He sat down behind Lylie, close the the couch.

Lylie jerked her head toward George, she asked, "Jupiter has 67 moons, correct?"

George shrugged and exclaimed, "How am I supposed to know?"

Lylie raised her eyebrows so high, they were in danger of disappearing into the air.

Fred slammed his textbook shut and scooted over to were Lylie sat, staring at her notes, deep in thought. Fred snapped his fingers in front of Lylie's face. She exclaimed, "What?!"

"Nothing," Fred beamed, "I just felt like doing that." Lylie sighed and closed her textbook as well.

Fred started a conversation, "All the professors are shaking in fear, you know." He added, "About the Chamber of Secrets."

"I'M shaking in fear!" Lylie continued, "I hear about it everyday! It's terrorizing me!"

"Don't worry, love," Fred patted Lylie's knee, "This is HOGWARTS. Our headmaster is Professor DUMBLEDORE. How safe can we be?"

"Not safe enough." George bit his lip, "I'm going to have to agree with Lylie, the things we're hearing are pretty intense."

"They're all rumours." Fred countered.

Lylie butted in, "Some say the Chamber of Secrets seducts students."