Chapter 61

"Stand back everyone," Mr. Aqua ordered, "I am about to perform a very difficult spell."

The large family took a couple steps backwards while standing on the driveway, in front of the trailer.

Mr. Aqua closed his eyes and squinted. He mumbled a few complex words and swished his wand. The trailer instantaneously shook vigorously for three short seconds.

Mr. Aqua grinned, "Okay, grab your luggage everyone and load it up."

Adelina whispered in an annoyed tone into Lylie's ear as they moved toward the trailer, "What exactly did your father do to the trailer?"

Lylie smiled as she explained, "Oh, he charmed it so that it's as big as a house inside. So when we go in, we'll be in a huge, cozy bungalo."

"Oh." Adelina nodded her head and sped up in front of Lylie.

"So, Evan, are you happy about going on the trip?" Lylie asked Evan with a grin.

Evan merely shrugged and walked away.

*

After an hour of driving in somewhat silence, Lylie came to knock on Adelina and Evan's door. Adelina was standing in the doorway as the door swung open.

"Hey, I need to ask you guys something." Adelina narrowed her eyes at Lylie, but motioned for her to come in.

"So," Lylie began, "what is up with you guys? You're nothing like the people you were last time you visited."

Evan rolled his eyes and returned back to reading his novel.

Adelina sighed annoyingly, "You don't remember, do you?"

Lylie's heart started pounding, had she done something wrong? "Um," Lylie gulped, "remember what?"

"She doesn't even remember." Evan sneered in an exasperated tone, which was the first thing he'd said since they reencountered one another.

"Remember what?" Lylie repeated, this time a bit more attitude.

Adelina shut the door quickly. She sighed, "It all started when we were 9 years old ..."