Chapter 74

"Ready to go?" George called up to Lylie as he heard her shuffling upstairs in the girl's dormitory.

"Yeah, just a minute!" Lylie called back down.

"You said that FIVE minutes ago!" George dramatically sighed.

George heard no reply. Instead, he heard high heels clicking on the cold, stone ground. Lylie appeared at the top of the stairway, all dressed up.

She was wearing a long, silky, turquoise gown that fell to her ankles. At the top of her dress were small, glistening sapphires, that sprinkled down to her waist, slowly fading out.

Lylie wore a sparkling, bejewelled necklace that shone as it caught the light from a nearby window. On her wrist were three glittering bracelets, designed with pale green emeralds. Lylie's hair was done beautifully, she had it in a large, round bun that sat at the top of her head and she had two pieces of curled hair framing her face.

George could see she was wearing dark red lipstick and pale blue eyeshadow. Underneath her twinkling eyes, were tiny sparkles, that shimmered over her nose as well.

George laughed, "Finally."

Lylie lowered her eyebrows, she motioned to herself, signalling for him to say something nice. George exclaimed, "Oh! Sorry! You look lovely."

"Thank you." Lylie said, emotionless. She examined George's costume. He looked ... different. Something about his face. Lylie didn't think too much about it. George was wearing a navy blue suit with three small ribbons pinned to the right side of his chest. He had two gleaming golden shoulder pads and a wide golden sash over his body. George was wearing white tights that were clearly too big for him, as they were baggy and sagging. Lastly, he had high, black boots that reached up to his knees.

"Can we go now?" George asked with a knowing smile.

Lylie sighed, "Yes, George. Goodness."

*

George pointed to the Great Hall. "This is it."

"I know." Lylie scoffed in an obvious tone.

Addison and Lee came up beside Lylie and George, "Hey, you guys look great!" Addison complimented.

"Thanks, you guys as well." Lylie replied. Addison had on a blue-green dress that fell over her feet. The arms were designed to have a huge space where Addison's hands came out, meaning that when she lifted her arms, the sleeves touched her waist. The collar of her dress had sparkling emeralds scattered across her neck. Lee was wearing somewhat the same suit as George, just different colours.

"There's Aria and Fred!" Lee looked beyond Lylie's shoulder.

Sure enough, Aria and Fred came waltzing down the corridor, with big smiles. "Wow, you both look dazzling." Addison praised.

"Why, how nice of you to say, Addison." Fred bowed with a cocky grin. Lylie studied Aria's costume. She had more of a fairytale approach. Aria was wearing a big, puffy, baby pink dress, with a hot pink sash around her waist. Her dress glittered and shimmered like she was a fairy. Her black hair was curled into large ringlets, falling just above her waist.

Fred looked different as well. His face was off, something about it. Nonetheless, Lylie didn't try to figure out the problem. She simply scanned Fred's costume. His costume looked magnificent, he had a dark blue suit, with sheer, black leggings. Attached to his back was a soft, red cape, the outer layer was white with black spots, just like in the movies. Fred also wore a metallic yellow crown on top of his combed orange hair.

"Let's go in, I want some gummy worms." Fred rubbed his palms together.

*

The group sat at a big, round table in the Great Hall, chatting with one another. Lylie wasn't talking to anyone at the moment, so she decided to get some food. She excused herself and walked over to the long table filled with snacks and treats. On her way there, she accidentally bumped shoulders with a Ravenclaw boy.

He apologized, "Oh, I'm so sorry!" The boy was dressed as a pirate, sword in hand.

"It's okay, it's no big deal." Lylie flashed a quick smile and continued on her way to the food table.

*

After a few laughs with her friends, the group was getting ready to leave the Great Hall. Suddenly, the last slow song came on for the night. Everyone migrated toward the huge dance floor with a partner.

George asked Lylie, "Want to?" He motioned to the dance floor.

"Okay." Lylie shrugged and walked over to the dance floor with George. She looked back at Fred, bit her lip and turned to face the front.

She began to dance with George, upset that she barely spoke to Fred all night.

"Aren't we supposed to talk?" George asked with a chuckle as Lylie looked away.

She exclaimed, "Oh, yes, sorry! Uh, what's ... your favourite colour?"

"Green. Yours?"

"Purple." Lylie laughed at their useless conversation.

"What's your favourite food?" George asked.

"Chicken Pot Pie. What's yours?"

"Hhumm ... that's a tough one. I'd say ... Lasagna."

"Hey, Lasagna's a close second to Chicken Pot Pie." Lylie remarked.

"Neat."

*

The students were piling out of the Great Hall, after the Halloween party. The group headed up to the Gryffindor common room.

Everyone headed up to bed, whereas Lylie stayed in the common room for a bit.

She sat, collecting her thoughts, with the lingering taste of candycorn in her teeth.

All of a sudden, she heard low voices from the boy's dormitory.

"What was it like to be me for a night?" It sounded like one of the twin's voices.

"Great. What was it like being me, George?" Fred questioned.

"Great. You know, you're lucky I let you do this, I really wanted to wear that costume." George pouted.

Lylie's jaw hit the floor. She spent the night with Fred. Not George.

They switched.