Chapter 94

Lylie was packing in her room to go on a family vacation to Punta Cana. She packed her 4 best bathing suits, shorts, and tank tops. Lylie's bird chirped loudly as she hurried around her room, gathering all her best clothing.

Lylie folded and placed all her belongings into her suitcase. She ran out of her room and into the bathroom to get her toothbrush, toothpaste and hairbrush. She scurried back into her room and dumped the toiletries into a wide, plastic bag. Then, she stuffed the bag into her suitcase and zipped it up.

"Lylie! We're leaving! We have to catch the plane!" Mrs. Aqua's voice sang up to Lylie.

Lylie's father's voice was louder, "I canceled the plane tickets!"

"What?!"

Lylie rolled her eyes with a smile and shuffled downstairs to find her parents standing in the middle of the hallway, both outraged.

"What do you mean you CANCELLED the plane tickets?!" Mrs. Aqua bellowed.

"We can just apparate! Way less travel time." Mr. Aqua explained calmly.

"But, the trip there is the best part!" Mrs. Aqua cried.

Lylie's parents both stopped and turned to face their daughter. Mrs. Aqua asked in a soothing voice, "What do YOU want to do, darling?"

Lylie froze. She mumbled, "Uh. Can we just apparate? Dad already cancelled the tickets."

Mrs. Aqua threw her hands in the air, "FINE!"

"Let's go!" Mr. Aqua exclaimed, "Get the luggage!"

Lylie and her parents stood on the front steps of their house with all their baggages, making sure they were holding everything strongly. With a wave of his wand, Mr. Aqua cast his family away from London, and into Punta Cana.

*

"Lylie, dear, can you get us some drinks?" Mrs. Aqua asked of her daughter while she and Lylie were sunbathing by the pool.

"Yeah," Lylie stood up and shoved her sunglasses up, "Do you want a Pīna Colada or an Iced Lemonade?"

"What are you getting?" Mrs. Aqua questioned.

"Lemonade."

"I'll have that as well, then." Mrs. Aqua adjusted herself on her beach chair and sighed happily.

Lylie slipped on her flip flops and strolled over to the bar counter. It was decorated with beautiful tropical flowers and coconut shavings were scattered all over the counter.

Lylie ordered two Iced Lemonades and returned back to her mother. She handed Mrs. Aqua her drink and then took a sip out of her own.

Mrs. Aqua asked, "Where's your father?"

Lylie pointed to the massive pool, "Swimming. He said he wanted to cool off."

"Do you want to join him, sweetheart?"

"Sure!" Lylie set her drink on the small table beside her beach chair. She pulled off her tank top and adjusted her goggles on her face.

With a blink of an eye, Lylie had jumped into the warm, refreshing pool, making a big splash. Lylie came up from the water and yanked off her goggles.

"That felt GREAT!" She beamed and began to float around.

As she was floating, Lylie accidentally bumped into someone. She turned around to see a girl, about her age. Lylie apologized, "Sorry about that."

"I'm sorry!" The girl apologized as well. "I like your accent." The girl had a Canadian accent, she seemed very polite.

Lylie smiled, "Yours is cool as well."

"Want to play 'Colours'?" The Canadian girl asked.

"What's that?"

"You've never heard of 'Colours'?"

"No. Is it a water game?"

"Yes."

"Teach me how to play." Lylie grinned.

"Okay."

*

After their third round of 'Colours', the Canadian girl exclaimed, "It's fun, eh?"

Lylie giggled, "That's the 11th time you've said 'eh'."

The girl chuckled, "Sorry!"

Lylie laughed, "And the 4th time you've said 'sorry'!" Lylie added, "Canadians are so polite."

The girl blushed and questioned, "One last round?"

"Sounds good!"

*

Once the two were about to get out of the pool, the girl stopped Lylie, she asked, "I didn't get your name."

Lylie stated, "My name is Lillian. But, call me Lylie. Please."

"Okay, I'll call you Lylie. I'm Zoey."

"Nice to know, Zoey."

"Well," Zoey smiled kindly, "nice to meet you, Lylie not Lillian."

Mrs. Aqua called her daughter. Lylie excused herself and waved goodbye. After parting with Zoey, Lylie approached her mother.

Mrs. Aqua smiled, "Was that a new friend?"

"Yes."

"Have you had fun with her?"

"Yeh, I did. She's from Canada! You know what, she's the politest girl I've ever met! And, she says 'eh' after every sentence!"

Mrs. Aqua laughed, "A true Canadian. Did you ask her if she liked maple syrup?"

Lylie playfully shook her head in disbelief, "Of course I didn't!"

Mrs. Aqua laughed. She checked her watch, then instructed, "Go get your father and tell him to dry off, we have dinner reservations in an hour."

"Will do." Lylie marched off to get her father. As she walked, she breathed in the tropical smells of papaya and pineapple. The squawks of seagulls cooed above her, and the sounds of joyful children splashing around in the pool made Lylie feel light and happy. She sighed blissfully, "I love Punta Cana."