Chapter 56

"Can I suggest a pizza date at midnight tonight?" Fred whispered into Lylie's ear in Astronomy.

Lylie nodded her head vigorously and returned to writing.

*

"The elves make unbelievable pizza." Lylie stated for the millionth time.

"Yes, we've established that."

"Are we cleared up?" Lylie asked after a pause.

"Uh, yeah, I guess."

"Okay."

Fred enforced Lylie, "You know," he paused, "every girlfriend I had was fake."

"What ...?" Lylie questioned.

"Like ... not real, almost. They didn't mean anything at the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the girls and all, but they weren't ... real."

Lylie nodded her head slowly.

Fred continued, "See, my real relationships will probably happen when I'm older. Like, with a girl I've known for a long time, and we're good for each other. Right now, I'm just ... testing things out."

"Was Cassiana real?" Lylie asked in a low, hoarse voice.

"No. Don't get me wrong, she's great and all, but honestly, it wasn't exactly going anywhere. It's for fun, you know?"

Lylie chuckled, "No, I don't know, but I'll take your word for it."

Fred laughed, "Oh, well now you know."

"I'm heading up to bed. Goodnight, Fred." Lylie stood up and threw her pizza crust on the empty platter.

"Okay, 'night." Fred stood up as well and went up to the boys' dorms.