Chapter 45

"I'm sorry to say but that was our last pizza." Fred said the next morning in the corridor.

"Why's that?" Lylie vaguely questioned.

"Quidditch is starting up again, also, homework and lessons are getting tough, so I'm really going to just concentrate on that." Fred bit his lip, waiting for Lylie's response.

Lylie merely replied, "That's okay." and hurried away to catch up to Addison and Aria.

"Backfired." Fred muttered to himself.

"What backfired?" George asked as he came to stand beside Fred.

"My plan."

"A plan without me?"

"Partly, yes."

"What was your plan?"

Fred walked to the wall and motioned for George to follow. Fred began, "Now that we're out of traffic, my plan was to tell Lylie that we can't do this thing that we often do ... and ... wait, what? I'm confusing myself."

George snorted, "What's this 'thing' you often do?"

Fred sighed and decided to tell George about he and Lylie's pizza dates.

"Okay, now, tell me your plan." George instructed after Fred explained.

"So I told her that we can't do it anymore, to see if she'd protest. If she did, it means she cares about me. Us."

George playfully shook his head in disbelief, "This is a game now?"

"No." Fred regrouped, "Listen. She didn't, she just said," Fred put on a high voice, "'That's okay.' And skipped off. Meaning she doesn't care about US."

George leaned in to put his hand on Fred's shoulder, but Fred recoiled. George playfully responded, "Fred, you're thirteen. Please, forget about this. You're overreacting. Plus I'm hungry."

Fred threw his hands in the air as George grabbed the sleeve of Fred's robe and yanked him toward the Great Hall.

"Fine, I'll forget about it. Fine. Doesn't matter. Fine. I don't even like her. Fine. I don't. Fine."

George smirked, "Fine."