Chapter 120

Lylie and Fred were walking outside during the icy cold weather. They spoke with playful arguments and laughed hysterically.

Fred suddenly stopped in his tracks, making Lylie stop and turn around to face him questioningly.

Fred reached out to take Lylie's hand. Lylie asked, "What's this?"

Fred stared at the ground, "I know we're already a couple but I thought it would be nice if I asked you anyway."

Lylie nervously chuckled, "What are you on about?"

"Will you - will you be my date to the Yule Ball?" Fred continued, babbling, "I'm actually a really good dancer and also I thought you might already think we were going together and I guess we were but I thought we weren't and since I'm a guy I felt like I needed to ask you so I -"

Lylie interrupted, "Yes, I will." Then she laughed heartily at Fred's red cheeks.

*

The evening of the Yule Ball, Lylie, Addison and Aria were busily getting ready up in the dorms. They each had dresses sent in by their mothers.

Lylie came out from behind her changing curtain in her gown.

"How does it look?" Lylie twirled, feeling pretty. Her gown was a light shade of baby pink, with glittering blue jewels on the top rim and bottom rim.

"Fabulous." Addison clapped her hands together. Aria simply opened her mouth in shock of how lovely it fitted Lylie.

The second girl to come out from behind the changing curtain with her dress was Aria. She wore a long, pouffy purple dress with a translucent sash around her waist.

"Can someone tie the bow in the back?" Aria asked, smiling excitedly. Lylie moved forward and made a big loop with the sash and tied it into a flawless bow.

Lastly, Addison revealed her dress to be a black dress with a white fabric torso, along with sparkling rhinestones to finish the perfect dress.

"That's absolutely stunning!" Lylie complimented.

*

In the common room, the girls came down to meet their dates. The common room was filled with girls in puffy dresses and boys in fancy robes. Lylie and her mates squeezed through dozens of couples until they found the twins and Lee playing Wizard's Chess.

Fred looked up at Lylie, then down. Then he did a double-take. He stood with his mouth hanging open, "You look gorgeous."

Lylie smiled, then scolded, "Close your mouth, Fredrick, you're not a dog." Lylie picked up her dress from her knees and took Fred's arm.

The couples were walking out of the common room as Fred came up with his comeback. He shut his mouth and tried to speak his previous words, 'You look gorgeous.' However, since his mouth was closed, the words failed to escape. All that just to mock Lylie's order, 'close your mouth'.

Fred asked, "See, I can't speak with my mouth closed."

Lylie rolled her eyes and spat, "You're such a bother."

"Oh, I am far from that." Fred exclaimed, playfully angry.

George called from behind them, "You two are arguing like an old married couple!"

Fred shrugged and replied, "Yeah, not far off."