Chapter 122

This chapter begins in the middle of the O.W.L exams in 7th year. Lylie is currently taking her Theory of Charms exam while Professor Umbridge is at the head of the Great Hall.

Lylie was writing furiously and rapidly, trying to put her thoughts onto parchment. She scribbled her notes on the side and then completed her statement on her parchment. The grand clock ticked all the while.

Suddenly, a deep bang knocked the door to the Great Hall. Lylie turned and looked over her shoulder, shrugged, then continued writing.

All of a sudden, another bang boomed at the doors of the Great Hall. Lylie flipped around again to peer at the door. She sighed, feeling distracted, then resumed her note-taking.

The bangs grew more frequent and louder suddenly. Lylie saw all the heads in the Great Hall turn to watch the oak doors shake, as the bangs turned to rumbling.

Professor Umbridge suddenly hopped from her pedestal at the front and marched quickly and quietly down the middle aisle of desks.

She walked straight past Lylie, who peered up at her with shock and fear. Umbridge reached the doors with an evil frown. She pushed the large doors open and confidently strode outside.

Suddenly, a little minuscule firework was shooting around Umbridge's round face like a bumble bee. She pulled back in confusion.

The small firework then shot past Umbridge and into the Great Hall. It flew up into the air and erupted into a small explosion of blue light. Lylie's mouth fell open and she realized, 'Fred and George.'

The firework explosion whistled and then blew out. The Great Hall was silent in fear and confusion. Umbridge whipped around and glanced around for the cause of the firework.

Suddenly, cries of laughter and excitement echoed from the outside. Then, Fred and George, both on broomsticks, came flying in holding explosives. They whipped their hands backward and everyone's exam parchments were scattered and forcefully launched into the air, making a huge mess.

The students were now up on their feet, cheering and bouncing around with their friends. Fred and George's launched fireworks and then they separated into small ones and circled around the student's heads.

One firework came down and around Lylie, making her try to follow it with her eyes. The boys flew above everyone's heads, releasing their best creations of firecrackers. The small ones whizzed around and exploded into sparks. Clouds of colourful smoke filled the room, making the scene even more extravagant.

Fred and George flew by each other highfiving. Professor Umbridge came marching back inside, her face as red as a tomato.

The fireworks continued cracking and exploding as Umbridge simply stood there absorbing the catastrophe. All of sudden, Filch bustled in, shaking of rage.

Although, before Filch could do anything, Fred and George pulled out a ginormous firecracker and tossed it back and forth, before one of the two lit it and threw it into the air.

The firework was as big as the whole ceiling and formed a fearful dragon creature out of it's sparks. Lylie's eyes widened and tried to mutter, "It's just a dragon made of fire. No big deal." She breathed unsteadily and pressed up against the wall.

The creature suddenly whooshed forward and began to chase Umbridge. The frail woman tried to cry out in fear but nothing came out. Instead, trembling, she ran. Her running only encouraged the dragon, however.

The creature followed Umbridge right of the Great Hall, and then, nearing the dead end, Umbridge stopped, and so the dragon chomped her into it's flaming mouth.

Once it captured it's prey, the dragon exploded into thousands of colourful sparks, shooting up and breaking all the new rules Umbridge had made edition to the school.

The glass and wooden frames came crashing down to the ground. The crashes left Umbridge quivering in the middle of the entryway to the Great Hall.

All was silent until the twins came bursting out of the Great Hall on their brooms and flying straight out the window. Lylie along with her peers raced out of the Great Hall to follow the twins, ecstatic at the situation.

The whole school ended up following the boys outdoors, where they paraded in the courtyard and the twins absorbed all the energy and cheers with waves and whistles. The boys flew even higher and then threw back two large firecrackers, which formed the letter W for Weasley.

Then, Fred swooped down on his broom and took Lylie's hand. He pulled her up onto his broom and whisked her up into the air. Lylie knew this was going to happen, as they had planned it for many weeks.

George had taken ahold of Addison as well. Once the four were up in the air, Lylie could see that on top of the W, in a print smaller then her finger, were two letters. A for Aqua, Lylie's last name and M for Marbelle, Addison's last name.

Lylie called sarcastically over the cheers, "Thanks for including my name!"

Fed laughed and explained, "You're lucky you even got that, George and I were considering just leaving your letters out!"

The twins nodded at her other then waved a final goodbye, and flew away.

Lylie muttered to herself, "I just dropped out of school." She paused, clutching Fred's waist tighter and feeling more confident and wild then ever, "I'm okay with that."