Chapter 40

"Lylie, honey? Do you want to come to the grocery store with me and Dad?" Lylie's mother called up to Lylie.

"Um - I'll think about it." Lylie called back.

"I'm leaving now!" her mother pestered.

"Alright, alright! I'm NOT coming! My decision is final!" Lylie stated.

"Okay, we'll be back in an hour!"

Lylie heard the front door click shut. She went over to her desk, sat down and continued writing her new story she had begun.

After thirty minutes of writing, the wall phone rang. Lylie jumped up and rushed down the stairs to answer it.

"Hello, this is the Aqua residence, Lylie here."

"Hey. It's Fred."

"I know. Your voice is familiar."

"Well, I'm calling for an extremely important reason." Fred informed Lylie.

"And that is?"

Fred took a deep breath and sighed, "I'm bored."

"Seriously? You got me all worked up for THAT? You're bored?"

"Yes, crazy bored. You have no idea."

Lylie mumbled, "Uh-huh."

"Huh?"

"Uh-huh." Lylie paused, realizing what Fred had said, "Wait what?"

"What?"

"Stop confusing me!"

"Sorry."

"That's better."

Lylie smiled, knowing that Fred was anxious for her to ask this question, "Well, if you're bored, want to get together?"

"If you insist." Fred chuckled.

Lylie added, "You can bring George along with you."

Fred paused, he exclaimed, "Oh, George? He - he - he can't. He - he's um - still sleeping."

Lylie replied, unconvinced, "It's one in the afternoon."

Fred responded, "Did I say sleeping? Sorry, I meant, uh - he can't. You know, because, he's doing other things. He's just ... well he's occupied and he's also, doing this thing. So, he - he's busy."

Lylie lowered her eyebrows in confusion, "Uh-huh. Right."

Fred concluded, "So, so George, he - he won't be attending. It will just be, um - me."

"Okay. My parents are home from being in town, so let me just ask them what time works best. Just a second." Lylie put Fred on hold.

Lylie hurried to her parents in the front entrance, took her mother's jacket and hung it up neatly.

"So, mum, I was wondering, could Fred come over?"

Her mother laughed, "Is this why you're placing my shoes nicely and why you've hung up my jacket?"

"Perhaps."

"Well, Fred is welcome to come over whenever he likes."

"Okay so two?"

Her mother chuckled, "Two is fine."

"Great."

Lylie raced back to the wall phone and took Fred off hold, she asked, "Is two okay?"

"Yes, two is wonderful. I think I'll ask Dad if we can take his flying car."

"Brilliant."

Fred hung up and turned around to see George staring at him with a smirk. George grinned, "You could've just said I was already going to a friends'."

Fred threw his hands in the air, "I panicked."

"Anyway," George smiled, "as you said, I am very busy, so must get going. I've got 'things to do'." George mocked his brother. He added cheekily, "I am truly, very, very occupied." He smirked widely and shuffled into the living room.

"Yeah?" Fred countered, "Well - well - well," Fred stuttered and tried to think of a comeback, "you - you stink!"

George poked his head back into the kitchen and titled his head, "Do I?"

Fred narrowed his eyes at his brother, "Yes. You do."

George turned and flopped onto the couch, he replied, "How lovely."