Chapter 114

The Beauxbatons carriage came flying in from the sky, the pegasui up front were whining with glee.

Lylie hung on a pillar outside of the castle, watching in awe as the magical, glittering carriage pulled in. Hagrid failed to direct them with colourful paddles, as he was almost trampled by the unstable carriage.

"Wow." Lylie sighed in amazement.

Off in the distance, in the Black Lake, a mass of a galleon launched out of the water, followed by the rest of the body of a ship. The Durmstrang boys emerged out of the water, in their ship, sailing toward Hogwarts.

"First impressions are key." Fred and George informed Lylie in unison.

*

Lylie, Fred, George and Addison sat in the Great Hall, patiently awaiting the arrival of the two schools.

Dumbledore spoke about the course of the year, then introduced the first school, Beauxbatons. The beautiful, flawless girls entered the Great Hall, wearing silky, baby blue uniforms and French hats. They skipped up the middle aisle of banquet tables, stopping after every few steps to curtsy with a dreamy sigh, while releasing blue butterflies.

Fred and George's mouths were hanging open in shocking awe, their eyes filled with imaginary hearts.

Lylie smiled, then tapped Fred on the shoulder, "Um, no."

He whipped his head to look at her in playful disgust.

Once the Beauxbatons girls were settled, Dumbledore introduced the Durmstrang boys. The doors to the Great Hall were forcefully whipped open, as a large group of young men marched in, holding tall poles. They walked in unison, their steps aligned as they banged their poles on the ground in a fearless harmony.

It was Lylie's turn to sit with her mouth open. Fred shook her out of her imaginary world, then wrapped his arm around her shoulders protectively.

Lylie merely laughed and secured her commitment to Fred with a peck on his cheek.

*

A little while later, all of the sudden, the sky in the Great Hall erupted into thunder and crashing noises. The students broke out into screams, but the sky was conquered by a hidden figure up at the teachers banquet table.

The man staggered up to a chair, and suddenly the whole Great Hall exploded into whispers.

"That's Mad-Eye Moody." Lylie knew, he was an Auror. Tons of cells in Azkaban are filled because of him, she heard Ron remark.

"He's the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor." Fred stated in a whisper.

Lylie grimaced.

Once the students in the Great Hall had calmed down from the fright, Barty Crouch stepped forward. He explained hoarsely, "After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that for their safety, no wizard under the age of seventeen should be allowed to put forth their name - "

The Great Hall erupted into shouts of anger and frustration. Fred and George's voices bellowed over all the others, "THAT'S RUBBISH! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!"

Lylie sighed exasperatedly and smacked both Fred as George's arms. "They're right." She scolded.

Fred and George continued, regardless, "BOO! BOO!"

Dumbledore hollered over the loud, disagreeing students, "SILENCE!"

Lylie muttered, on behalf of Fred and George's rude behaviour, "Finally."