Chapter 108

"Remember that dementor attack on the train?" Fred asked calmly at dinner one night.

"Don't talk about it," Lylie sighed uneasily.

"I think Sirius Black sent them." Addison didn't look up from her soup.

"He did, because they went right for Harry. Black wants him dead." George explained his opinion.

" - And when he was actually in the castle yesterday. I think he got out." Fred assured his friends unconvingly.

"Don't talk about it. The thought of that killer roaming the halls yesterday makes me tremble." Lylie bit her lip and raised her hand for her friends to examine her light shaking.

Fred began, "We were going up to the dorms yesterday evening - " Lylie interrupted, "Oh no."

Fred continued, ignoring Lylie, "We were chatting with a whole bunch of students, heading up the stairs to the dorms. We stopped when we saw the thrashes in the canvas. Everyone grew silent. Then - " Lylie cut in again, "Well, you sure can tell a story! That was fun - all done now!"

Fred ignored her, "Somone brought Dumbledore in on the scene along with Filch. Dumbledore crept up to painting and lightly brushed the tears with his delicate fingers. Filch turned around abruptly to examine everyone's frozen faces."

Fred proceeded, pausing for effect, "Dumbledore pushed one rip back in place, only to watch it sag again. Dumbledore muttered in a hoarse voice, Filch, round up the ghosts. Have them search every painting in the castle. Find the Fat Lady. A crying child could be heard from a nearby painting, that just setup the whole shocking scenario - crying and fear."

Fred held a glint of fear in his eye as he told the story, "Filch looked up, then spat, There's no need for ghosts, Professor. Fat Lady's there. He pointed to a visible painting on the next floor. Everyone's head turned up, including mine and George's, then everyone broke out in a run. Who was going to reach the Fat Lady first to find out what happened?"

Fred continued, "Then, you just hear Percy's snooty voice call over everyone, Mind where you're going! Slow down! I'm head boy! When they got up, Dumbledore mumbled in a sympathetic voice, My dear, who did this to you? The Fat Lady cried dramatically, Eyes like the devil, he's got! A soul as long as his name. It's him, Headmaster. The one they all talk about. He's here! Somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black! She sounded like some horse, when she blubbered of fear."

Lylie exploded, "Stop talking about it - enough!"

"We don't know his whereabouts anymore." George explained in a spooky tone of voice. Lylie exhaled loudly through her nose.

Addison continued, "The event that scared me was when we slept in a large hall last night. So we were all together. That means the professors don't trust us alone."

"Can we please cut it out? I'm terrified as it is. And you," Lylie pointed a judgemental finger at Fred, "adding more suspense by repeating the whole thing makes it worse!"

"Sorry, love." Fred insincerely apologized.

"I wonder where we'll be sleeping tonight." Aria remarked, her breath cutting short with fear.

George muttered, "Better yet, where will Sirius Black be - tonight?"