Chapter 69

"I CAN'T." Addison threw her hands in the air in frustration.

"You can." Lylie reassured her friend for the third time. "Like this."

Addison watched closely as Lylie chopped up one of her Kanarasder leaves for her potion. In Potions, the class was trying to brew their own Orpilase potion.

"It's easier than it looks!" Lylie smiled arrogantly.

"No, it's not." Addison argued as she tried to mimic Lylie's actions.

Professor Snape announced coldly, "10 more minutes."

Addison panicked, "What do I do? Snape's testing everyone's potions in 10 minutes!" She tugged on one of her thick pieces of light hair.

"Calm down. It's all about technique." Lylie chopped up another piece from her pile of Kanarasder leaves.

Addison tried to cut up another piece but failed again to perform such task.

Snape strode up and down the aisles, examining everyone's work so far. He stopped at Lylie and Addison's shared table. He muttered, "Quite the technique, Miss Aqua."

"Thank you, Professor." Lylie turned to Addison with a knowing look. She whispered, "Told you it was about technique."

Addison rolled her eyes and went back to attempting to chop up her leaf.

Snape discreetly asked Lylie to demonstrate in front of the class. Lylie gladly accepted and stood up, she smirked boastfully.

"Now everyone," Lylie began teaching her mini lesson, "listen. You carefully move your blade back and forth ..."

Addison tuned her out and turned her back to Lylie with her armed folded across her chest. 'That bragging little show-off.' She thought, annoyed at her friend.

After Lylie concluded her quick lesson, she sat down beside Addison with a wide smile plastered on her face.

Addison gave her the cold shoulder as she endeavoured to cut her Kanarasder leaf.

Lylie leaned into her friend, "Didn't you watch my demonstration? Back and forth." She advised Addison who was very frazzled.

"Oh ..." Addison laughed quietly and awkwardly, "Uhm, yeah, I watched your demonstration ... Hehe ... Heh ... Yup ... I know exactly how to do it now ... I was just ... doing it that way to see how much I've improved ... Now I'm going to do it the right way."

Addison slowly picked up her blade and lowered it until it was hovering over her Kanarasder leaf.

"Well?" Lylie tapped her foot on the ground.

"Okay, okay! I wasn't watching!" Addison slammed down her blade and put her head in her hands.

"Aha!" Lylie squawked, "I knew it!"

*

Lylie sat in the stands with Aria and Cordelia, watching Fred, George and Addison play in a Quidditch match against Slytherin. Lee was announcing the game from a small booth in the professor's box.

"The Slytherins are playing rough this afternoon." Cordelia remarked as they watched Angelina get elbowed by Filnt in the air.

"HEY!" Lylie jumped out of her seat in the stands, "THEY CAN'T DO THAT!" Lylie tried to scream over the deafening cheers and noise of the game.

Aria leaped out of her spot as well, she yelled, "STOP THE GAME, YOU CAN'T, YOU CAN'T!" The girls were causing a commotion over Addison getting purposely bumped by Malfoy.