chapter 11

A couple weeks later, Hogwarts had their first snowfall. The grounds were draped in glittering white crystals. All the pine trees drooped from the weight of the snow and the weather was bitter cold.

The twins, Lee and Lylie had just arrived in the Great Hall for lunch after their morning classes.

After beginning her lunch, Lylie smiled, "I think it's time for our next prank."

The boy's eyes lit up and Fred grinned, "I've got the best idea."

"Let's hear it, then." Lylie said.

Fred began, "Let's do something to the whole school."

Lee interrupted, "To the professors too."

George butt in, "And the ... well that's it."

Everyone laughed and Fred continued, "So, how about we find a way to give everyone Headless Hats? A product of mine and George's."

"Headless Hats? What're those?" Lylie questioned.

George answered, "They're small hats covered in pink feathers, and once a person places it on their head -"

Fred finished the explanation, "The hat and the person's head disappear!"

"No way." Lylie couldn't believe it.

"Yes way." the twins said in unison.

*

"Okay. Let's revise." Lylie requested. The gang was sitting in the common room late that night, discussing their prank they were going to pull at dinner the next day.

Fred took the liberty to revise the plan, "George, you'll cast the spell, forcing each student to wear a Headless Hat. Now, here's the best part! It will seem like the kitchen elves did it, because the hats will appear at the exact moment the food is served!" Fred rubbed his palms together.

"Brilliant." Lylie smiled.

"Fred, you forgot one part," George rolled his eyes, "we'll wear the hats too, so no one suspects anything. Plus, I've always wanted to know what it felt like to have no head."

Lee snorted, "You've always wondered that?"

George pursed his lips, "Yes I have. Something you'd like to say, Lee?"

Lee fake-smiled, "Not at all."

"Shut up, will you?" Lylie laughed as the boys continuously bickered.

Fred answered cheekily, "No thank you."

*

"Alright guys, you know what to do." Lylie nodded as George got ready to cast the spell at dinner the next night.

Fred put on a voice like a strict professor, "Wand at the ready, George."

George answered, "Yes, thank you professor."

Lylie rolled her eyes and tried to hide her smile. Suddenly, the food popped up while George and Fred were going back and forth.

Lylie exclaimed, "Guys! George! Now! Hurry!"

George whipped his head around the see the food had been served. He fumbled with his wand and cast the spell, but by then it was too late. Professor Snape saw George cast the spell.

However, all the students began screaming and looking around frantically. The plan had partly worked. Unfortunately, they had been caught.

Snape glided over to them and sneered, "What are we up to?"

Fred smiled, "Nothing, professor."

Snape narrowed his eyes at the twins and Lee, "Oh, really?"

George replied, "No, it's nothing."

"Come with me boys." Snape lifted the twins off of their seats with the collars of their robes and motioned for Lee to follow.

Lylie bit her lip, "Um, professor," she called after Snape, "I took part in this." Snape raised his eyebrows, astonished, and muttered, "If you must, follow me and these ... delinquents." Lylie stood up, trembling, and followed the boys and Snape out of the Great Hall.

Snape said in a hoarse voice, "Guess who will love to hear about your prank?"

None of the four students responded.

Snape answered his own question, "Filch." He shoved the students forward and down the next corridor.

Filch appeared from inside a broom cabinet, Snape smirked slightly, "These students would like to tell you something they did tonight at dinner," Snape looked at Lee, he snapped, "Jordan, tell him."

Lee stepped forward, gulped and explained, "We gave everybody ... Headless Hats. Fred and George's product." Fred and George's eyes widened as now they were in even bigger trouble.

"Fred and George's?" Snape asked.

Lee looked back at the twins, "Um, yes."

Filch asked, "And why is this one here?" he nodded his head toward Lylie.

"She claims to be in on it." Snape responded.

"Well, I think I have a job for you four." Filch sneered as he fished around in the broom closet behind him. Filch pulled out four mops and two buckets.

Filch grinned, "This hallway is mucky. You wash it."

Lylie interrupted, "Sir, this hallway is so long, I can't even see the end of it."

Filch snickered, "Better get to work then, shouldn't you?"

*

"Morning. How're you feeling?" Fred asked as Lylie sat down beside him at breakfast. Aria, George and Lee sat across from them.

"Exhausted. I don't even remember what happened after we finished cleaning HALF the hallway last night." Lylie replied.

"Well, if you must know," George answered, "You fell asleep and Fred -"

Fred cut him off, "I think I should tell the story."

George put his hands up as if surrendering, "Fine, then."

Fred turned to Lylie, holding a piece of bacon, he explained, "We all fell asleep in the corridor once we finished. Then George, Lee and I woke up about forty minutes later, we realized we had to get to bed. But you, well you didn't wake up. Lee tried to get you up, then George, and when I tried, you woke up, sort of. Then I told you we had to get to bed and you kind of fell on me -"

Lylie interrupted, "I did? I'm so sorry."

Fred laughed, "No, don't be. It's fine. Anyway, I guess you could say, you forgot how to walk, so I just carried you to the Gryffindor tower."

Lylie laughed, "Well thank you for that. If it wasn't for you, I would've woken up this morning in that corridor."