Chapter 101

A/N: This was @hairypaddler123 's idea. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Lylie, Aria and Addison were going to Defense Against the Dark Arts, happily chattering with one another. The girls rounded a corner and turned into the classroom. Professor Lupin was organizing his supplies and notes for that day's lesson. Lylie sat down in the back of the class, beside Fred.

Professor Lupin began his lesson. Today, they were learning about dealing with polygnomes, a type of garden plant.

*

After their lesson, Lylie and Fred went to the common room to complete the assignment Professor Lupin had assigned them.

Fred groaned, "This paper is due in two weeks! Why are we doing this now?"

Lylie replied with a big grin, "Because you're a procrastinator."

"I don't even know what that means." Fred crossed his arms as they entered the common room.

The instant uproar hit the two like a truck, "Did you hear about Sirius Black? He's a downright murderer!"

Lylie jolted with fear, she exclaimed, "Who? Who's a murderer?"

Seamus Finnigan responded in horror, "Sirius Black, of course!"

Fred stepped forward to join the panicking students, "Who's Sirius Black?"

"He escaped from Azkaban a couple months ago!" A student wailed, almost in tears.

"He's on the run and the ministry can't even find him!" A first year called out.

"He's coming to Hogwarts, to kill Harry Potter!" Dean Thomas dropped the bomb of words.

"Here?!" Lylie's eyes widened in shock.

The common room buzzed with a nervous hum.

*

A week later, in the morning, the paper came in at breakfast.

"That's him!" A sixth year yelled out, "That's Sirius Black!"

Lylie snatched the paper in front of her. She cried out, "Oh my gosh. He looks like a murderer."

The Weasley owl flew in through a high window. It landed in front of Fred and George, who rolled their eyes.

George scoffed, "It's from Mum."

Fred added, "She's been sending letters like wildfire since the start of the school year."

Lylie forced a laugh, even though she was in no mood to giggle and be joyful.

*

The next week, in the morning, more news about Sirius Black came in. A Hufflepuff student hollered, "He's been sighted in Hogsmeade!"

Lylie anxiously clenched her fists. She muttered, "H - he's coming."

Fred whined, "Oh god. Mum's sent another letter."

*

The following week, in the morning, the post came. Another sighting of Sirius Black. George threw his head back, "Mum needs to relax! I'm done with this rubbish!"

Fred opened his mouth to rant, but he stopped. His facial expression morphed into an excited one. "Let's send Mum a toilet seat. That'll show her."

George jumped up, "YES!"

Addison giggled, "What is wrong with you two?"

The two answered in unison, "Nothing, of course."

*

Lylie watched Fred and George get ready to send off their toilet seat.

Fred sighed, "This old hag can't carry a toilet seat all by himself." He motioned to the Weasley owl.

Lylie defended the owl, "Hey! He's a good little guy." Lylie reached over to pet him, but the owl nipped at her fingers. She pulled away in shock.

Fred stifled a laugh.

George looked around the owlery, "Let's just use this one." He grabbed an owl and plopped it on the window ledge.

"Brilliant." Fred tied a second string to the owl's foot.

"That's considered stealing." Lylie remarked.

"No, we're just borrowing without permission." Fred snapped.

Lylie brushed it off with an eye roll.

Fred and George shooed the owls into the sky. The two owls struggled at first, but were able to carry the toilet seat off into the bright sky.

Lylie tapped her foot, "You know I have an owl, right?"

George paused before replying, "We know."

"Then why didn't you use it?"

"We didn't want to ask." Fred responded.

"So you took a complete stranger's owl instead?" She paused, "WITHOUT asking, I might add."

Fred pursed his lips, "Come on, George. Clearly we're not wanted here." He lead his brother out.