Chapter 75

"How was the party last weekend?" Cordelia asked during Astronomy.

"Uhm - fun." Lylie answered. She turned away, ending the short conversation.

"Want to hear about MY night?" Cordelia questioned, not catching on to Lylie's attitude.

"Sure." Lylie replied, twisting around to look at Cordelia.

"So," she began, excited, "I went with my friend from Hufflepuff, Tessa Walsh. We had a blast. You know Aria's brother, Andy? He's actually quite a nice fellow."

"Really? I always thought he was kind of ... an introvert." Lylie tried to word her statement in the politest way possible.

"Yeah, well once you get to know him, he's sweet. Tessa and I spent a whole lot of the night with him."

"That's wonderful, good for you guys." Lylie smiled pleasantly, then turned to focus on her work.

Cordelia continued, "He's a marvellous bloke, I think I'm going to make plans with him and Tessa, you know, since us three had such a delightful time together."

At that moment, Lylie started to tune out Cordelia's excessively loud whispering.

"Class dismissed." All the tiredly bored students stood up and packed their books. They all sounded like groaning zombies coming out of their decrepit graves.

"So, Andy is just ..." Cordelia ran out of adjectives, "he's just really great."

"I see that." Lylie flashed a quick smile and hurried away from Cordelia before Cordelia thought of more adjectives for Andy.

*

"I'm joining the Wizard Chess Club." Lylie announced at dinner a few days later.

"Seriously," Addison was the first to answer, "I want to do that too!"

Cordelia scoffed under her breath, "Nerds."

"Hey!" Addison spoke up, "Wizard Chess is so much fun! It's not like muggle chess. Wizard Chess is so much more interactive and so much more fun!"

Lylie piped up, "Yeah, and it stimulates the brain!"

Lee rolled his eyes, whereas Fred and George merely chuckled lightly.

"We're doing it, whether you five like it or not." Addison waggled a finger at the five close-minded students.

*

"This is so cool. I wonder who's running this." Lylie grinned as she and Addison stepped inside a vacant classroom with chess boards laid out on the tables.

"Are you two here for the Wizard Chess Club?" Professor Flitwick came up behind the two excited girls, who were standing at the doorway.

"Yes, sir." Addison said, nodding her head as Professor Flitwick entered the room, putting down his briefcase.

"Have a seat, girls." The man motioned to the numerous tables, each with a chess board placed on top.

"Can I be black?" Lylie asked.

"Sure, but white always goes first." Addison chortled as they took their seats, opposing the other.

"Ah, man, I knew that. Is it too late to change my team?" Lylie pleaded, playfully.

"Yes." Addison bluntly stated.

Professor Flitwick intervened, "I'm going to step out for the lunch hour. Do you two mind staying here by yourselves?"

The girls glanced at one another, confused as to why Professor Flitwick started this club when he wasn't even going to supervise it.

Lylie shrugged, "Well, I guess it's okay with me."

"Thanks, girls," Professor Flitwick was halfway out of the door when he turned, "if anyone comes in, just tell them to sit at a table and begin playing."

Before any of the girls could reply, Professor Flitwick zoomed out of the classroom.

Addison began playing, she moved her pawn forward.

Lylie smirked mischievously, "Let the games begin."

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying my story so far! Please, feel free to comment your positive reactions! :)