Chapter 79

After a week of winter exams, fourth years only have one more exam, on Monday. Then, they go home for Christmas break.

"Sundays are boring." Aria whined as she flopped around on the couch with her study guide and notes.

Lylie and Addison looked up from their review.

Lylie sighed, "Sundays aren't boring. THIS Sunday is just boring, because we're studying for the Herbology test."

"Ugh. Why can't tomorrow be over?" Aria groaned.

"Because it hasn't happened yet." Lylie smirked as she answered Aria's rhetorical question.

Addison smiled to herself as she wrote something in her notebook. Aria rolled her eyes and glanced down at her work once more.

After a minute of silence and studying, Aria suddenly threw all her notes and her fat textbook into the air. Lylie felt a cool breeze gush past her, and Aria's supplies crashed against the wall, sending a portrait tumbling down. Her notes and books were sprawled across the hardwood floor, completely disorganized and disbanded.

"What was that for?" Addison was on her feet.

"I can't take this anymore!" Aria shouted.

"So, you decide to whip all your belongings at a wall?" Addison spat. She added, "A wall that's so ancient it could crumble any minute, I might add!"

"Well, I'm sorry! I've just had enough." Aria folded her arms, shaking her head in disbelief.

"That STILL doesn't give you the right to fling everything you own!" Addison was bubbling with fury.

"Calm down, I'll just pick it up." Aria sighed dramatically and heavily as she gathered her notes and books together.

Lylie looked at her two friends, she closed her eyes and breathed deeply in disgust.

Once Aria gathered her things, she dumped everything in her bag and dragged herself upstairs to the girls' dorms.

Addison frowned and shook head in disbelief. She too, scooped up her belongings and trudged up to the dorms.

That left Lylie sitting awkwardly by herself. She looked around the common room, which was torn apart by the two ferocious girls. Lylie sighed and headed upstairs as well.

*

Lylie walked to the Herbology examination by herself the next morning. She recited all the plant cell organelles in her head as she walked.

Lylie entered the Great Hall and turned to her left to be seated. She stood in a long, winding line that stretched out of the Great Hall.

Once she got to the front, Filch asked her name in a grouchy, unhappy tone of voice.

"Lylie Aqua." She paused, "L-y-l-i-e."

Filch grunted, "5th row, 9th desk."

Lylie nodded and stepped past Filch. She found her seat easily and sat down, eager to get the test over with.

A few minutes later, Addison was seated at the desk right beside Lylie's.

Addison flashed a small smile, "Nervous?" She whispered.

Lylie pursed her lips and shrugged.

"Attention!" Professor Sprout's voice echoed off the walls of the Great Hall, "You will be beginning your tests in 1 minute! So, please prepare yourselves."

Lylie organized herself accordingly and sat, impatiently, for the exams to appear on everyone's desks.

Instantly, the tests appeared on each desk in the Great Hall. Lylie immediately opened the test and examined all the questions.

*

At the halfway point of the test, Lylie realized that Aria was sitting on her other side, when she ruffled her papers very loudly.

Lylie turned her head, and Aria mouthed to her, 'How is the test?'

Lylie looked around to see if anyone would catch her speaking, she mouthed back, 'Fine. You?'

'Okay. Couple questions are hard.'

Lylie nodded and looked down to her exam once more. Suddenly, Addison crinkled her papers, signalling Lylie's attention.

Addison mouthed, 'Is Aria talking about me?'

Lylie shook her head no.

'Are you sure?'

Lylie merely nodded and looked down at her test. She did NOT want to be in the middle of this. But, as she saw it, she already was.