Chapter 72

Lylie, Fred, George and Lee sat in Three Broomsticks drinking tall glasses of butterbeer.

Fred swallowed a big gulp and stated, "So, what should we do after this, on this fine Sunday afternoon?"

"How 'bout study for Potions? You know we have that huge evaluation coming up."

Lee butted in, "Nah. Can we do something interesting?"

"Like studying?" Lylie flashed a quirky grin.

"Like rollerskating off the top of the Astronomy Tower?" Fred punched the air with his fist.

George exclaimed excitedly, "YEAH!"

Lylie's features shrivelled up in disgust, "No."

Fred countered, "Yes."

Lee interjected, "Don't start this again!"

"How about we go check out that shop in Diagon Alley? It's been closed down, I've always wanted to see inside. For future business opportunities, right Fred?"

"Right, George." Fred nodded his head enthusiastically.

"How, exactly, will we be getting to Diagon Alley, hmm?" Lylie pressured the two imaginative boys.

"Floo Network, there's got to be a fireplace in one of these shops." Fred gazed out the foggy window, viewing the shops across the road.

"Okay ... only if you two can get us there and back in time." Lylie muttered, more to herself, then called the waitress over to clear the table.

*

"This ... is it?" Lee looked to his two red-headed best friends.

"Yup, isn't it wonderful?" Fred threw his hands out to the side, purposely smacking Lylie in the chest.

"Ouch." Lylie mumbled, playfully.

"It's ... great ..." Lee trailed off, his words were unconvincing.

"Sure, it needs a little work." George clucked his tongue, obviously brainstorming about the shop.

"A little?" Lylie repeated George's words.

"A lot." Lee agreed with Lylie.

"Guys, can't you see it? There's a flat on top, for George and I to live in, and the gigantic shop underneath, for the Weasley's joke shop."

"That WOULD be sort of cool." Lee said.

George bursted with excitement, "More like EXHILARATING!"

"Right you are, George." Fred grinned uncontrollably.

"And, what will you be selling exactly?" Lylie tapped her foot, then checked her watch.

"Prank stuff, joke things, gags." George responded instantly, as if he previously planned that phrase.

"Uh-huh." Lylie slowly nodded her head, looking up and down at the tall, narrow structure.

"Hello, hello!" An aged man came up behind the group of students. He was wearing long, black robes along with a white, ruffled dress shirt and a bow tie. His frizzy, grey hair stuck out from all sides of his round head.