Chapter 44

"Well, she can't just change houses. That's not how it works."

"I know. But everyone's saying that she's like, their leader now."

"Well that's rubbish." Lylie remarked as she and Aria were chatting in the hallway about Aubrey.

"So, she has basically, officially, joined those ... people." Aria concluded.

"She's ... one of them?"

"Yeh, they just told the whole bloody school, it's like a celebration. They basically booted Arianna out of her spot as the leader. Aubrey's the new one. Everybody is bowing down to her." Aria rolled her eyes.

*

"Are we still on for pizza tonight?" Fred said to Lylie as they brushed by each other in the hall.

"Oh we're still doing that?" Lylie asked.

"Are you turning me down?" Fred put his hands on his hips.

"No, I'm just saying -"

"So we're on?" Fred smirked.

Lylie sighed, "Yes." she playfully shook her head in disbelief.

*

"Well. I'm going to take the first piece." Fred declared that night at a quarter past eleven, once they'd gotten their pizza.

"Hahahaha," Lylie paused, "no."

"Uh, yes. Boys are favoured."

"Ladies first."

"You got me there."

"Yay."

Lylie lunged forward and snatched a hot, crispy piece of pizza from the large plate.

She gobbled the whole piece in less than a minute and went for seconds.

"Someone was hungry." Fred smirked, "Aren't you glad I told you to do this?"

Lylie smacked Fred's leg as she grabbed a third piece of pizza.

"Okay, great, instead of answering me, you hit me. Fine, doesn't matter. I'm fine, whatever. Fine." Fred playfully grimaced and crossed his arms.

Lylie didn't respond as she was devouring her pizza, tomato sauce dripping down her wrist.

She paused for a moment and announced, "We should send those elves a thank-you letter, their pizza really is delicious."

AN: What do you guys think I look like? It's random. I just want to know. Comment it.