Chapter 116

Lylie looped in and out of students bustling around to find their seats in the Great Hall. She squeezed in between a couple chattering students, standing in the middle of the walkway, searching for two heads of bright, orange hair.

Suddenly, she spotted them. She watched as Fred blew a spitball at George through his straw. George snatched his book and smacked him in the arm.

"Sit down," Dumbledore's calm, expressionless voice echoed among the students. Many students couldn't find a place to sit in time, so the walls were occupied with students leaning against them. Lylie quickly made her way over to the twins, Addison, Aria and Lee, and fell into Fred's lap.

"Hello, love." Fred smirked as Lylie slid over to sit beside Fred on the long bench.

Dumbledore made no pause for the chatter to lower, he bellowed, "Now, the moment you've all been waiting for!"

Dumbledore outstretched his hand and dragged it slowly in front of him. The Goblet of Fire was levitated into the Great Hall, and was placed at the foot of the professor's banquet table.

Lylie mumbled, "I am so nervous. What if someone we know is chosen from Hogwarts and something happens? What if someone dies? What if - " Fred cut her off, "Shh! I can't hear." He smiled charmingly to make up for his remark, then flicked his hair to the side endearingly.

Lylie stared blankly, then turned to see Dumbledore standing to the left of the goblet, his hand trembling with anticipation. Suddenly, the goblet's flames turned a bright shade of red, and shot up into the air in swirls. A piece of parchment that was burnt around the edges came spitting out, and the fire resumed its neutral colour of blue.

Dumbledore caught the piece, holding it like a piece of expensive china. He read, "The Durmstrang champion is, Victor Krum." Instantly, all the schools exploded into deafening cheers and applauses. Victor was slapped in a tough, yet friendly manner, and cheered by his peers around him. He stood up, then daringly walked to the front and shook hands with Dumbledore.

Lylie whispered to Addison, "That's the one who plays Quidditch."

Addison squinted at him, "Oh, yeah. He's a seeker."

"If Krum gets hurt, Ron'll be cross for weeks, if so, don't bother speaking to him." George mused. Lylie gave a light chuckle, she questioned, "Is that necessary right now, George? We should be worrying about the Hogwarts champion." She hastily resumed her focus to Dumbledore, who was holding the next name from the goblet.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is ... Fleur Delacour."

Lylie clapped heartily for a fellow girl her age. The cheers were more high-pitched, happy screams and claps for Fleur, as she stood up and walked with complete poise to the front to greet Dumbledore.

A few moments later, the Hogwarts champion was shot from the goblet. Dumbledore turned it over and read, "The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory."

Lylie and Addison muttered in unison, "Oh. My. Gosh." They turned to look at each other with flirtatious smiles, as the gorgeous young man stood up with pride and a sly smile.

The cheers were still going as Dumbledore yelled, "Excellent! We now have our three champions! But, in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions. This vessel of victory." Dumbledore turned on his heel. He flicked his hand toward the covered object on the stand behind him, "The Triwizard Cup!"

As the students broke out into applause, the Goblet of Fire began to act up. The flames swirled around again, turning to a bright red.

"What the heck? There are only three players that are chosen. What's happening?" Lylie bit her lip as she confided in Addison.

"I don't know, but it's not good." She turned her focus the the goblet, which had spit out another piece of parchment.

Dumbledore caught the parchment and looked down in shock. He mumbled.

"What did he say? What did he say?" Addison pestered George, wondering if he heard.

Dumbledore whipped around the face to crowd of students. He raised his voice discreetly, "Harry Potter?"

"No," Lylie stood up to get a better look at the historical event, "not Harry. No." Fred grasped Lylie arm and yanked her down.

Lylie looked to Harry, who was slowly shrinking. He refused to step forward.

Dumbledore shouted in pure rage, "Harry Potter!" Hermione roughly nudged Harry forward. Harry stepped forward, as slow as a turtle.

Harry reached Dumbledore, his face a ghostly white. "Is this happening? Is it actually happening?" Lylie would not stop stressing herself. Fred shushed her once more.

Harry stood in front of Dumbledore, not meeting his gaze. Dumbledore thrust the piece of parchment toward Harry. Harry took it slowly, as if it were to explode if he touched it.

He then walked past Dumbledore, to stand with the other champions.

"Someone better stop him." Lylie exclaimed. Fred muttered, "Would you shut up?"

As Harry walked down the aisle of tables, the echoey voice of a boy yelled, "He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!"

Lylie whispered, "This isn't happening."