Chapter 43

"Okay Lylie, honey. Third year. Wow, I'm so proud of you. Have fun, good luck, make some new friends -"

Lylie interrupted her mother, "I've already got great friends."

"Sorry." Mrs. Aqua nudged Lylie forward, toward the brick wall, leading to platform nine and three quarters.

Lylie took a deep breath and rushed toward the brick wall, she plunged into it, spitting out on the other side. Her parents followed and appeared on each side of Lylie.

Mr. Aqua ordered, "Now Lylie, you find a good seat with nice people. Oh, here's some money for the trolley." Her father handed her five sickles.

"She'll get a sugar rush!" Lylie's mother took two sickles back.

"Okay. I really need to get going." Lylie pocketed the money and kissed each of her parents on the cheek.

*

Fred, George, Lee, Addison, Aria and Lylie were sitting at the Gryffindor table, watching the first years get sorted.

Fred leaned in to the girls and whispered, "Ron's starting this year, I bet George two galleons that he'll be in Gryffindor, George says Hufflepuff."

Professor McGonagall called out, "Ronald Weasley?"

"This is it Georgie."

George crossed his fingers while Fred fiddled with the napkin in front of him.

Ron walked slowly up to the stool and sat down anxiously. He looked scared out of his mind, Fred and George shared the same expression.

"HA!" The hat screeched, which caused Ron to jump. "Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you."

George muttered, "Oh no."

"GRYFFINDOR!" George banged the table angrily while Fred cheered, whistled and jumped around. George clapped for his brother, he wasn't happy about it, though.

The whole Great Hall went quiet, as Professor McGonagall called out to the crowd of first years, "Harry Potter?"

The boy hesitated but stepped up to the stool. McGonagall placed the dusty hat on the boy's head. There was a low chatter escalating throughout the Great Hall.

Lylie muttered, "That's Harry Potter."

"Obviously, have you seen that scar?" Addison playfully responded.

"That's awesome," Aria paused, "it's the Boy Who Lived."

George shushed the girls and turned to listen attentively to what the hat was saying.

The hat grumbled, "Difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see, and not a bad mind either. There's talent, oh yes. And a first, to prove yourself."

Lee mumbled, "The hat has never taken THIS long. Get on with it!"

The hat proceeded, "But where to put you ...."

Harry whispered, "Not Slytherin, not Slytherin."

Fred snorted, "I'm getting the impression that he doesn't want to be sorted into Slytherin." Fred stroked an imaginary beard.

The hat responded, "Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You can be great, you know. It's all here, in your head. And Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness! There's no doubt about that. No ..."

Lylie slumped over on the table, she groaned, "Just put him in a house and get a move on."

The hat concluded, "Well, if you're sure ... Better be ... GRYFFINDOR!"

The twins, Lee, Addison, Aria and Lylie, along with the rest of the Gryffindor house jumped up and cheered. Fred punched the air and George whistled.

Harry arrived at the table, Percy stuck out his hand for Harry to shake. Fred shook Harry's hand as well, Lee, George and the girls congratulated him. The boy greeted everyone with a happy smile and took a seat next to Ron.