Chapter 123

A/N: I cannot believe I'm saying this but, this is the last chapter of the story. It has been so much fun to write this and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!
This chapter begins with Lylie and Fred not being married. It takes place in Diagon Alley, where Fred and George have their shop, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and Lylie has her own flat that she shares with Addison above Addison's café that she opened. Addison's café is called Marbelle Café.
Enjoy the last chapter of Magic Behind The Pages!

Lylie bustled around Marbelle Café, serving food and picking up finished plates. She almost threw the trays of dirty dishes onto the counter before flying to the other end of the café to take a new customer's order. Just then, more wizards and witches entered the shop and sat down.

Lylie called to Addison, who was working behind the counter, "You need to hire more help!"

Addison yelled over all the noise, "I'm good, actually!"

Lylie sighed and wiped her hands on her apron before zipping over to the booth section to pick up some empty plates. Just then Fred walked in, he was coming to see Lylie as she worked her afternoon shift with Addison.

He chose a small table and sat down, eagerly waiting for Lylie to notice him. However, Lylie was too occupied to even acknowledge his near presence.

Finally, Lylie scooted over to Fred's table and exclaimed automatically, "Hello, welcome to Marbelle Café, what can I get you?"

Fred played along, not knowing that Lylie had yet to realize it was him she was talking to, "I'd like a pastry please, what are your specials today?"

Lylie, finally recognizing Fred's voice, looked down to see who she was serving. She sighed as she turned on her heel, "Get it yourself."

Fred perked up and chuckled, "No, I'd much rather you bring it to me."

Lylie spun around and quickly approached Fred's table. She spat, "Get it yourself or you're banned from Marbelle Café." Then, in a frenzy, Lylie scurried to the table beside Fred to take more orders.

Fred playfully countered, "Okay then, no need to be rude about it!"

Lylie turned back to glare at Fred, then her face instantly flipped back to a cheerful waitress. Fred leaned over to the wizard sitting at the table beside him and muttered loud enough for Lylie to hear, "The service here is terrible."

*

That morning, Lylie had finished her first real novel. She was sending it to a publishing company that afternoon. Lylie had it proof-read and edited many times, and she had just made the final copy.

Addison suddenly burst through the door to their flat above Marbelle Café and shouted, "Why aren't you downstairs! This is rush hour!"

Lylie countered, "First of all, rush over means traffic."

Addison cut Lylie off, "I know."

Lylie continued, "Second, I just finished my final copy of my book. And, I know I'm supposed to be down there behind the counter but I'm sending it in this afternoon and I needed to do one last quick-edit. Once this gets published, you'll really need to hire more help because I'm only working here until I launch my career, Addison. We talked about this."

Addison said, "Okay, okay." She threw her counter-cloth on the small kitchen table in front of her. She sighed, "Can you come downstairs now? There are no waitresses - or any employee down there right now - oh my god!" Addison snatched her cloth and flew downstairs, slamming the door behind her.

Lylie laughed, then took her apron, tied it around her waist and went downstairs to help Addison get through rush hour.

***