Chapter 112

"It's so early." Lylie groaned and rolled over in bed.

Ginny muttered, "Hermione is getting Harry and Ron up, and I'm supposed to wake you up."

Lylie sat up abruptly, "Why wasn't I part of this agreement?"

"Because you were sleeping." Ginny laughed heartily. She crossed over to Lylie's trunk and pulled out some clothing. Ginny tossed it to Lylie and left the room.

*

Hermione entered the room just as Lylie finished combing her hair. She whispered, "C'mon, Mrs. Weasley says breakfast is ready."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Lylie hurriedly dropped her brush and exited the room, followed by Hermione.

*

"Ron, where are we actually going?" Harry questioned curiously, as the large group of Weasley children and friends walked through the fields, the Burrow becoming farther and farther behind them.

"Dunno," Ron suddenly yelled, "Hey, dad! Where are we going?"

Mr. Weasley cried, "Haven't the foggiest! Keep up!"

"Arthur!" A manly voice called from the distance, "It's about time, son." The man laughed.

"Sorry, Amos." Mr. Weasley approached the man, with the large group following, "Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start."

Ron yawned.

Fred turned around and muttered to Lylie, "You know, I invited you." He motioned to Ginny and Hermione, whom Lylie was spending the majority of the time with.

Lylie rolled her eyes with a happy grin, she sped up to Fred's side. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they walked.

Suddenly, an older boy jumped down from a tree. He flicked his hair to one side, and smiled charmingly.

"And this strapping young man must Cedric, am I right?" Mr. Weasley shook Cedric's hand.

Hermione, Ginny and Lylie all exchanged hopeful smirks with their eyebrows raised, Cedric was quite good looking. Fred turned to Lylie with a frown, he playfully snapped, "Um, no."

*

The larger group trudged up a grassy hill, just at the crack of dawn. Amos grunted, "Yes, it's, uh, just over there."

The group came up to a worn, tattered, brown boot, sitting on the peak of the hill.

"Shall we?" Amos asked.

"Yes." Mr. Weasley nodded.

"We don't want to be late."

"Get yourself into a good position." Mr. Weasley instructed. Lylie assembled herself beside Fred, knowing where this was leading.

Harry cluelessly questioned out loud, "Why are they all standing around that mackey, old boot?"

George replied with a knowing smile, "That isn't just any mackey, old boot, mate." Fred exclaimed, "It's a portkey!"

Amos cried loudly, "Time to go!"

"What's a portkey?" Harry asked.

Lylie held the boot's toe, she knew what she was signing up for, 'Maybe now, it'll be different.'

"Ready? After three!" Mr. Weasley didn't hear Harry's comment over the galloping wind in everyone's ears.

Amos began, "One, two - "

Mr. Weasley yelled to Harry, who wasn't grasping the boot, "Harry!" Harry grabbed the boot in fear.

"Three!" Amos finished.