Chapter 59

2 Weeks Into Summer Vacation ...

"Good morning, darling." Lylie's mother stroked the top of Lylie's head as she came down for breakfast.

"Morning Mum." Lylie smiled as she sat down in front of her pancakes.

Her father grinned, "I put two pads of butter, and I didn't put the maple syrup on yet because I know you're very picky when it comes to the amount."

"Honestly," Lylie sighed happily, "I like to drown my pancakes in syrup. So that they're swimming in a pond of maple syrup. So next time you want to put my maple syrup on for me, just remember that." Lylie winked as she picked up her fork.

"Alright, now dig in before the maple syrup dries up."

*

"Ly, baby, can you come down here for a minute?" Mrs. Aqua called up to her daughter.

"Yeah!" Lylie yelled downstairs. She jumped up and plummeted down the stairs.

Once she reached the kitchen, her mother and father were both standing behind the kitchen counter with their arms resting on the countertop.

Her mother began, "So, we've been planning this for almost a year now."

Her father added, "And we've scheduled and booked for months."

Lylie nodded her head slowly, trying to figure out what her parents were leading up to.

"Now, we've invited your two cousins along with your Aunt Deanna and Uncle David."

Lylie tapped her foot, "Get to the point." She chuckled.

Her mother winced at her daughter's sarcasm but proceeded in saying, "So Lylie, we're going on a summer road trip!"

Her father added, "And to do so, we are renting a muggle trailer!"

Lylie instantly began hopping up and down, she questioned happily, "Where are we going?"

"We're headed to Birmingham and then Bristol on the way back!" Her mother squealed.

Her father explained in detail, "This is what we have planned. Firstly, this weekend, on Sunday, your cousins, Deanna and David are coming here to sleep for one night. On Monday morning, we're loading the trailer and heading to Birmingham. That takes 13 hours by car. We are hoping to leave the house around 8am to be in Birmingham at 10pm. We added an extra hour for traffic and bathroom stops."

Lylie's mother continued, "Now, once in Birmingham we will spend three nights at Birmingham South Campgrounds. You know, roasting marshmallows and hiking, all that outdoor-sy stuff. Then, Thursday morning, we're packed up and driving to Bristol, which takes 1 hour and 45 minutes but, it will probably end up being around 2 hours.

Lylie's father finished the explanation, "Once we've arrived in Bristol, we are spending two nights at Shadrack Campground. Now, Saturday morning we are packing up and driving back to London, which takes 2 hours and 30 minutes which will probably end up being 3 hours."

Lylie's mother clapped her hands together, "Doesn't that sound fun?"

Lylie twirled around the kitchen shouting, "I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!"

Mr. Aqua ordered, "How head upstairs and start packing."