Chapter 71

Lylie sat beside Fred in Defence Against the Dark Arts, half-asleep, while Professor Lockhart was teaching something that was not interesting at all.

Fred stuck his tongue out at Lockhart while his back was turned. Lylie stifled a snicker.

She whispered to Fred, "I can't do this anymore."

"What are you going to do?"

Lylie paused, "I'm ... I'm ... you'll see." Lylie's hand shot up, Lockhart stopped talking and called on her. Lylie smiled, "Sir, may I please use the lavatory?"

Fred slapped his forehead, he shook his head in disbelief.

Lylie shrugged, "Well, it works. See you, Freddie." She stood up abruptly and hurried out of the class with a tight grin plastered on her face.

*

Fred approached Lylie in the common room while she was furiously writing in her journal. "Hi Lylie. Whatcha doing?"

"Writing."

"Writing what?"

"A book."

"About what?" Fred pestered with a sarcastic smile.

"About a story."

"What kind of story?"

Lylie sighed, playfully, "A story with characters."

"What are the characters like?"

Lylie set down her quill, she looked up at Fred, "They're like people."

"Oh, what kind of people?"

Lylie tossed her journal to the side, "Bored, are you? Tell me if this sounds about right, you've got nothing better to do than annoy and pester me until I set my writing aside?"

Fred plopped down beside her, "Yes, that sounds about right."

"Can we go somewhere?" Fred asked.

"As in ... outside? Or ... the Great Hall? Or ...?"

"Let's go out."

Lylie nodded, then ordered, "Okay, get your scarf and mittens, it's chilly. You know it's November, right?"

Fred folded his arms and cheekily replied, "IT IS? I thought it was July." And at that, he turned on his heel and marched up to his dorm to fetch his garments.

*

The two stepped outside, all bundled up. Fred took a deep breath and exclaimed, "Alright, it's too cold. Let's go in." He turned around but Lylie stuck out her hand and blocked him.

She shook her head, "Nuh-uh. I stopped my writing for this. We're staying out."

Fred threw his head back, he whined, "No! I've already got frostbite!"

Lylie laughed, "It's 23 degrees in Fahrenheit. -5 degrees in Celsius."

"Well. IT'S COLD." Fred moaned.

"No, it's not. Just little chilly, that's all it is," Lylie paused, "now how long are we going to argue about this?"

Fred answered her rhetorical question, "Until we can go in and get some hot chocolate."

"I guess we'll keep arguing, then." Lylie remarked, beaming.

Fred crossed his arms, "Fine."

Lylie continued their pointless argument, "Not cold."

"Cold."

"Not cold."

"Cold."

"Not cold."

"Cold."

All of a sudden, the bickering duo noticed Cordelia and Aria standing in a window inside Hogwarts. Cordelia hollered down to the two, "What in the name of Merlin are you two doing out there? IT'S SO COLD!"

Fred whipped around to face Lylie, "HA!"