Chapter 82

"Tell me again why you were so upset that Sunday with Aria." Lylie was trying to make sense of she and Addison's conversation.

"Because ..." Addison muttered, "Because, I heard from Clara, that James heard from Serena, that Kyle heard from ... uh .. I don't remember, just ... someone, that George was going to ask Abigail to go with him."

"Why did that bother you so much?" Lylie questioned, knowing she was stepping into deep water.

"It didn't. I was just ... shocked. You know?" Addison chuckled unconvincingly.

"Right ..." Lylie paused, "Addison, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you fancied George."

"I DON'T. I DO NOT." Addison suddenly became very defensive.

"Woah," Lylie stepped back, "okay."

Addison looked for any way to escape, she mumbled, "I have to get somewhere." She ran off.

*

Lylie and George walked to the library after their last lesson of the day. They needed to study for Herbology, so the two decided to work together in the library.

"How about this table?" George suggested once the duo entered the library and looked for a vacant table.

"Sure." Lylie sat down with an exasperated 'thud'. She complained, "It is only the second day of classes since Christmas break and we already have an upcoming test."

"I know." George groaned as he organized his papers.

"Well," Lylie sighed, "better get started."

*

After their study session, Lylie and George walked out of the library.

George hesitated to step forward, he tried to speak, but he was lost for words. He finally managed to string together a sentence, "Do you remember, in 2nd year, right here, outside the library, when I tried to tell you something, but I ended up saying 'nevermind'?"

Lylie paused, she thought back to 2nd year. There was a small gap in conversation before Lylie blurted out, "Oh, yeah! I actually do!"

"Well, I suppose I can tell you now." George trailed off.

"You remember what you were going to say?" Lylie was taken aback.

George mumbled to himself, "How could I forget?"

Lylie strained to hear him, she questioned, "What did you say?"

"Nothing." George stammered.

He continued, "Anyway, what I wanted to tell you, two years ago, was ... uh ... uhm ... Fred, he ... since the beginning of second year ... he ... well, he ... he's had a slight ... possible ... slight ... possible crush ... on ... you ..."

*

Lylie sat in the common room near midnight, curled up on a comfortable sofa, ferociously writing, with her journal right in front of her face. She quickly turned page after page as she expressed her thoughts.

Suddenly, Lylie heard footsteps coming from one of the dormitories, she couldn't tell which side. Fred appeared at the top of the boys' dorms. He tiptoed down into the common room, wearing his floppy, grey slippers, and his blue and white striped pyjamas.

"What are you doing up?" Fred questioned with a wide smirk.

"Haven't we had this conversation a million times?" Lylie joked.

"Yes, and I intended to have it again." Fred cheekily remarked as he stood in front of Lylie.

Lylie sighed and replied to Fred's previous question without any emotion, "What are you doing up?"

Fred pestered, "Say it like you mean it."

Lylie shook her head in disbelief, "What are YOU doing up?"

Fred nodded his head in approval, he continued, "I asked you first."

"Writing. Now, what are you doing up?" Lylie had this conversation memorized.

Fred mused, "And CUT. Great scene, and great work, everyone! Coffee break! Quiet on set!" Fred chuckled as he sat down beside Lylie.

Fred leaned into Lylie's writing, as he always did, trying to read it. Lylie pulled her journal away from Fred and turned her back to him.

"Come on!" Fred whined, "Let me read it this time!"

Lylie whipped around to face Fred, yet she found herself inches from his face.

'Had he moved closer?' Lylie thought to herself.

There was a pause, like time had stopped. Everything was in slow motion, and it was like the world was a haze.

Lylie's heart was beating in her throat, as she saw Fred lean in closer. Somehow, she leaned in closer too, without her brain catching up with her action.

Suddenly, she realized she was kissing Fred Weasley.

It was like magic, behind the pages.