Chapter 83

Lylie sat in the Great Hall eating dinner with Addison. She hadn't yet told anyone about that night with Fred. Lylie ate with a small smile that she tried to keep to herself.

Addison questioned with a short laugh, "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?" Lylie responded, playing dumb.

Addison shook her head with a grin. She changed the subject, "Have you been talking to Fred about the prank?"

Lylie jerked her head upward, "Fred? What about Fred? Did you say Fred?"

"Yes ..." Addison replied, confused at Lylie's words.

"Oh, I haven't really been ... uh ... speaking with Fred. You know- because of all the lessons and homework ... and ..." Lylie paused, "other things ..." Lylie looked anywhere but Addison's eyes.

"Okay ... I was just asking a simple question." Addison was puzzled.

"I know." Lylie desperately changed the subject again, "How is the Potions assignment coming along?"

"Fine, I still have a bit of research to do." Addison explained.

Lylie nodded, ending their pointless conversation.

*

"Who's ready for the most epic prank EVER?" Fred exclaimed as he, George, Aria and Addison stood in a hidden corner.

"Wait, where's Lylie?" Addison questioned.

"Here I am!" Lylie came bustling around the corner.

Fred put his hand up, waving, he dramatically exclaimed, "HEY, LYLIE!"

Lylie froze, she tried to muster up a smile, but it was physically impossible for her. Instead she muttered, "F-Fred. Hi."

Aria broke the awkwardness, "Okay, who's going to be the one to cast the spell?"

George's hand shot up, "ME!"

Aria nodded and continued, "Okay, and who's the one being charmed?"

Addison volunteered herself, "I will!"

"Great." Aria tuned to George, "Take it away."

Everyone stepped away from Addison and George. George recited a simple spell, and Addison cleared her throat.

"Ahem, ahem." Addison cleared her throat, "Do I sound like Dumbledore?" Addison's voice had completely changed into one that sounded identical to Dumbledore's raspy, yet soft voice.

"Oh my gosh, yes! Yes, it does!" Aria clapped her hands together.

"Okay, next spell. The 'project your voice spell' -" George tried to continue but was cut off by Fred, "I'm pretty sure that's not what the spell is called."

George lowered his eyebrows, "Excuse me, brother, but I can't be bothered right now."

George resumed their plan. He casted a second spell, then handed his wand to Addison. Addison smiled, then spoke into the tip of the wand, her voice was projected so loudly, that Lylie, Fred, Aria and George had to cover their ears, "Attention students, this is Professor Dumbledore. All afternoon classes will be cancelled until further notice. Have a wonderful day."

George flicked his wand and the glowing light shining from his wand went out.

"Brilliant! I WOULD say, 'let's get to class', but we don't HAVE ANY!" Aria paraded around in a circle.

Lylie excused herself, "Great, everyone, see you later." She tried to escape Fred's friendly stare, but Addison halted her.

"What? Where are you going? Let's celebrate!" Addison grinned kindly.

"I -" Lylie looked to Fred, who looked hopefully at her, "I ... actually can. Let's ... go." Lylie lead the way to Great Hall to celebrate.