Chapter 5

I walked down the stairs of the building while wiping my tears. Some of the staff and clients stared at me with sympathy on their face even though they didn't know what was wrong with me. I hurried out of the building, into the parking garage, to my car. I heard footsteps behind me so I glanced back. I saw Odell so I sped up my pace.

"Rayne! Wait." He said as he tried to catch up.
I stopped to hear what he has to say. Part of me just wanted to hear his voice as long as I could because I love him so much no matter what. Part two of me is like, 'Everything he is saying is bull girl. He's going to end up leaving you again. Get in your car and girl blast!' Then part 3 of me was like 'Chile you know you miss him. Give him another chance. Everyone deserves a do-over. He messed up. He apologized, came back and wants to be there for you again. If he leaves again then you don't ever have to talk to him again.'

I think I want to listen to part 3 of me because I believe in second chances but part two of me is still ringing in my head. Just go with the flow. I heard my sweet grandmothers voice. I decided to listen to her and part 3.

Odell caught up to me and grabbed my stuff before putting it in the car. Next, he closed my door back and grabbed my hands. It reminded me of when couples are standing in front of the preacher saying their vows before marriage.

"Listen Rayne, it was never... Ever... In my plan to hurt you. I didn't mean to ignore you and make you feel bad. I was just so caught up in my new game. I was exploring the variety of girls, having all kinds of hookups, VIP everywhere just because of who I am. It felt so good, coming from the life we had. I was on a temporary high. On that high though I lost my backbone, my support system, and most of all my best friend. Without you, I would have nothing that I have right now. And with out you, I don't care about any of things that I have. I'm just now realizing that. I know I caused you hurt for the past two years but it wasn't intentionally. I've tried everything in the game except drugs, and crazy stuff like that. I'm not going to lie, my two years with out you was good, but it could have been perfect with you by my side. I'm sorry Rayne. My actions have cost me the best person to by my side." He said as a tear fell.