Chapter 63

Omniscient
Setting:

Omniscient Setting:

Chapter 63

Princess lay asleep next to Rodney which resembled a corpse at the moment on his hospital bed while Elliot was sitting next to the hospital bed on his phone.

They had both been there the whole time while Rodney was in his volatile state

They had both been there the whole time while Rodney was in his volatile state. She was awakened by the opening of his hospital room door where Ethan and Malik walked in.

"Wassup y'all." Malik and Ethan greeted as they entered the room.

"Hey, Mr. Vernon. Wassup Ethan." The two responded. Princess got off of the bed while rubbing her eyes. She turned to look at Rodney once her eyes adjusted. She frowned at his feebleness. She squeezed his hand and she had sworn she felt his hand twitch. Princess didn't say anything though considering she had thought she felt him do similar things before. P didn't want to get everyone excited over a false alarm. Instead, she let go of his hand and backed up so that Ethan could get closer. Malik watched from afar stealthily.

"You going to have to wake up homie. I'm tired of coming to see you like this and you know your girl want to see you like the old spirit-filled and fearless Rodney. She been up here every day fam. Remember when you used to always talk about not ever bagging a girl because you cool with all the hoes you had? Well, man you got you a keeper and I know you know it because you completely beamed every day in her presence. I know you don't have family down here or nothing but we got you Rodney. Believe it or not you've brought us all closer despite the tragedy that happened. If you can't wake up for us wake up for Princess. She miss you fool." Ethan said to him as he laid his hand on Rodney's shoulder. He swear he felt Rodney move just a little bit. His eyes furrowed before turning into a big goofy smile. Ethan hurriedly grabbed Rodney's hand loosely and he felt Rodney squeeze it. Weakly... but he knew he felt it.

"He's waking up." E muttered.

"What?" Princess said, her guts tightening.

"He's waking up. Here grab his right hand and Elliot, grab his left hand." They both scurried to his bedside and grabbed his hand. Rodney squeezed their hands continuously. He could muster up quite enough strength to open his eyes or even his mouth to speak but he was fully conscious. He felt his strength coming little by little. Seemingly as if every small squeeze he gained some kind of strength. Soon enough he was able to open his mouth. He took the deepest breath that he could. He hadn't opened his eyes but he was about to speak for the first time in months.