Chapter 38

Ethan Mack
Chapter 38

"Have you talked to Eli and Elliot?" Jesse asked me from the other side of the pool while moving her arms in circles.

"No, you?" I said, feeling a little bad.

"Nope. I haven't talked to them since before we went on the trip." She responded. I could see the regret painted over her face and her bottom lip poked out a bit. She hopped out the pool from the other side and started drying her body with the towel that was sitting on one of the lawn chairs.

I sighed and followed suit. I walked to the lawn chair with my towel sitting on it and first dried my face. I caught Jesse sneaking a peek of me and I smiled to myself. I was witnessing her losing innocence more and more everyday as she was hanging with me, all the while still remaining pure.

I followed her in the house and went straight upstairs to take my shower. I walked into my room and closed the door immediately stripping from my wet clothing. I sat them in my laundry basket. I've got to make sure to take that to the laundry room to be washed. I said to myself. I walked in my bathroom and turned the shower. While waiting on it to warm, I preceded to brush my teeth making sure to brush my gums and my tongue. Once, I was done, I put the toothbrush cover back on the toothbrush and sat it in the holster.

Next, I stepped in the shower and closed the blurred door. I instantly began to wash my body, ridding the chemical, chlorine from my skin. Next, I washed my hair thoroughly, making sure it was chemical free as well. At last, I felt completely clean, resulting in my turning off the shower, just as I heard a knock on my bathroom door. "Who is it?" I said.

"Jesse. I need to brush my teeth and put my hair up." She said. I wrapped the towel around my waist and stepped out of the shower and closed the door. I opened the bathroom door for her to come in to. She took a deep breath while she looked at me and subtly shook her head. She walked into the bathroom and over to the toothbrushes.

I walked into my closet to dry off, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. Once, I was dry I sat my towel on the shelf and put on my undergarments. Next, I placed lotion on my body to make sure I wasn't ashy. I placed on my grey sweat pants and black v-neck shirt with my silver chain. I decided to not spray on any cologne because my body wash made up for it. I brushed my hair before placing on some Nike slippers. Walking out of the closet I spotted Jesse, wiping her mouth with a towel.

"What you all dressed up for?" I asked her. She had taken a shower and she was dressed in one of them baby blue belly shirts and dark blue jeans. She had on gold sandals and jewelry. Her hair was wet and curly in a bun. She looked amazing but I still wondered why she was dressing up.