Chapter 34

Rayne Korvis

Chapter 34

"Do y'all have all of your bags packed." Odell asked Jess and Ethan. Today is the day that we all head back home. Ronda is sitting in the lobby waiting on us. Jesse and Ethan nodded at Odell letting him know that they had everything. We walked into the elevator. I noticed some red headed girl staring us all down.

I brushed it off and looked away. The elevator dinged signaling, that the elevator doors were about to open. I heard Jesse sigh making me glance at her. "You okay?" I mouthed to her. She nodded her head but I could tell something was wrong with her. She looked real irritated making me super curious. I decided to just ask later.

"The elevator door opened and for some reason, Jesse and Ethan rushed off together almost tripping me up. I looked at them weirdly as we all began to walk into the lobby area. We spotted Ronda and she was cordial but she didn't speak much. She looked better than the last days.

She had cleaned herself up and wasn't all over Ethan. In fact she didn't even look over him more than once. I was proud of her but wondering why she seemed so depressed other than the whole Ethan ordeal. She was rubbing her wrist and shaking her leg forcefully.

She stood and head outside towards a black escalade. It was nice and shiny.

The man grabbed the suitcases and loaded them into the truck

The man grabbed the suitcases and loaded them into the truck. She sat in the front seat quietly and laid her head on the head rest. I looked at Odell questionably and all he did was return the look.

"Ronda, no one is sitting by me, everyone is in the back of the truck. Come to the back." I said to her. I knew everything Ethan had said had gotten to her and she felt terrible.

What he didn't realize was that she had no choice but to leave him. She left him with us to keep from going to foster care but of course he doesn't know the entire story.

She opened the door and climbed out of the front of the truck, and started walking towards the back. She opened the door and climbed in and sat by me. I scooted closer to her and wrapped my arms around her, making her lay on my chest. She took a deep breath and shook her head. Everything was getting to her and I honestly didn't know what to tell her right at this moment.

(Imagine this in a car) If You Were Rayne, what would you tell Ronda? Rayne doesn't know what she wants to tell Ronda, as a piece of advice

If You Were Rayne, what would you tell Ronda?
Rayne doesn't know what she wants to tell Ronda, as a piece of advice. She wants to help her cousin but  her mind is completely blank.