Chapter 54

Rayne Korvis

Chapter 54

"Rayne, baby where are you going today?" Malik said annoyed with me as I picked up the baby carriage on my way to the front door.

"To O's. You know this already, why are you asking me like I haven't told you." I said as I rolled my eyes and turned around in agony.

"Because you been taking the baby everyday to his house. You barely over here and you just moved here. I don't see you as much as he sees you and I don't even get to bond with the baby." He said to me.

"I'm co-parenting if you haven't realized already." I said to him before sitting Rocky's carriage down and putting my hand on my hip. He just being a big baby.

"Stop with the damn sarcasm. I'm serious. I'm convinced you doing what you did to me before. You haven't changed. You don't want me. You're just hurt and you always use me to heal you and as soon as you get an ounce of strength. You leave me again. I gave myself to you Rayne. My heart, mind, body, soul, spirit, love, care, compassion, my got dammit helping hand and you never appreciate it. I gave you something O haven't gave you but thats not enough for you. You want a damn dog like the rest of these hoes out here. You want someone who gone treat you good for a little bit then dog you out. The thing though Rayne is I can't get you out of my mind and I can't erase the feelings if I tried. My mother raised a damn good man and all of the women want real niggas instead of real men but you know its cool. You act like you don't even care. I feel like I'm in a relationship with my self so here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to give you an ultimatum. You can keep me and Rocky and even Odell. Just spend more time with me and let me spend some time with Rocky and Odell can see him during the weekends since I was the one who practically was there for you since day one. Or you can be with O and keep Rocky to yourself. Your choice, but you not about to treat me like a second class citizen, not again." He said to me now standing up, twirling his keys in his hand. By this time, I was trying to hold my tears. He waited for me to speak with cold but sincere eyes. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Honestly, I know Odell is bad for me but you know that we feign for what we don't need. I want you Malik, I really do but what I feel for Odell is overbearing. I feel love for you but I'm in complete love with Odell. That man has my heart. You don't understand how much I wanted to be with you and be happy minus Odell. I racked my brain days after days of all the bad things he's ever done so that I could some how magically not love him but it seems impossible."

"That's all I need. Bye Rayne. Thanks for wasting my time yet again." He said to me before rolling his eyes at me and walking towards the door. He stopped when he reached me and Rocky Brooks. He looked at me coldly before whispering in my ear something that made me feel so bad. It made me shudder with insecurity.

"You are the most beautiful woman ever and any child that inherits your traits are truly blessed but I hope you don't ever produce a girl, because if she grows up to be anything like you, she'll ruin every man she comes into contact with. You are unable to make sane decisions and a risk to any little girls life. Raise Rocky right because at this point you are just as good as a mother as a crack feign. You are dead to me and I wish you the best of luck getting hurt. Lose my number and don't let my name roll of your tongue. You have the mentality of a teen who doesn't know they want. You'll realize what you lost in the long run." He said to me, his voice deep, sharp and filled with hatred for me. He shook his head and scoffed before looking away like I was an eye soar. I placed my hand over my mouth trying not to give him the satisfaction of seeing me break although we both know that I'm like broken glass at this point. His words cut deep and I didn't realize how terrible of a person I was. It was at this moment I wished I could take my bravery back and taken the other ultimatum and made it work. He moved over to Rocky's carriage and bent down to his level before speaking, much softer.

"Hey buddy, I love you. You're so handsome and I could've made the best dad. I hope you grow up just as well as Ethan and become as successful as possible. See you later Rocky Brooks." He said to him breaking my heart even more. Rocky cooed lightly before waving his arms around. I saw Malik smile at him as he stood up and looked at me one last time like I killed his mom. He shook his head and walked out of my house. As soon as the door closed, I slid down the wall that was behind me before bringing Rocky close to my body. I took him out of the carrier and cradled him close to my chest feeling like the worst mother ever.

"I promise to raise you to be great. Like Malik. No, better than Malik. I'm sorry if I ruined your life as your mother Rocky. I'm so sorry." I muttered between sobs, barely audible.