Chapter 65

Malik Vernon

Chapter 65

"I had fun with y'all tonight." I said as I cocked my head up to look at Rayne who was playing in my hair. We just got back from the movie theater and we're just chilling at her house, in her room. I hadn't realized how much I had missed being in her and Rocky's presence so persistently until I was laying on her stomach and baby Rocky Brooks was laying across her chest. It felt like I had a family and it felt amazing.

"I had fun with my favorite men as well." She said to me with a smile before she leaned down and kissed my lips softly, holding Rocky close to her chest so we wouldn't smash him. It turned from an innocent ordeal to an intense action with feelings involved. It's like as our lips were entwined we were having something like a conversation. It was in this moment that we knew how much each other had missed the other, and how much we longed to be where we were right now.

I could feel the maturity about what we had start to grow. I knew that she knew what she would be missing out on if she continued to go back to Odell. She pulled away and looked me in my eyes.

"I love you." She said to me before looking down at Rocky Brooks, trying not to blush.

"Look who's blushing." I teased while reaching up to pinch her cheek.

"Say it back nigga." She said swatting my hand away playfully.

"What if I don't want to?" I said challenging her response.

"You don't have to. I know you do but I will remember this." She said somewhat salty and somewhat joking.

"Don't be mad babe. I love you too." I said while laughing.

"What's funny though?" Rayne said while she scooted towards the edge of the bed and stood.

"You. Where you bout' to go?" I asked watching her in awe. She looked so beautiful holding Rocky. Rayne make's a beautiful mom.

"I know you heard the doorbell ring." She said to me with raised eyebrows. I smiled because I realized that I was so caught up in her that I hadn't been observing my surroundings which really wasn't normal for me. She low key had me off my A-game and that can't happen. I have a past that isn't quite completely in the past.

Following her to the door, I began to get an off vibe. A vibe that some shit was about to go down. Immediately, my hand went reaching for my side to check if I had my strap on me. I didn't. I cursed myself for leaving it in the room in her drawer when she had went to the bathroom. I had to make a quick decision considering we were only a few steps away from the door. My adrenaline started to pick up and that's when I knew my gut was right. Something was wrong. Being that Rocky Brooks was home, he was my first priority.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her back into me while instantly reaching to place my hand under Rocky's back for support so she wouldn't drop him. Before she could protest and say something I took the hand that I had pulled her by and covered her mouth.

"Shhhh. Go take Rocky back to your room, don't lock the room door but go into your bathroom, lock that door and then go into the closet and lock that door as well.