Chapter 26

Rayne Korvis
Chapter 26

"Why are we at an airport? Where we going?" Ethan said a little excited. Everyone ignored him as Odell proceeded to park. He turned the truck off and we all jumped out. He opened the trunk and he grabbed our luggage. Odell closed it once everyone had their luggage out and then locked it. We power walked inside the airport and to the check in area. After giving the lad our tickets and preceding through TSA,
we walked to the terminal. It wasn't long before the woman came over the terminal intercom.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 89B to Cuba. We are now inviting those passengers with small children, and any passengers requiring special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately five minutes time. Thank you." She said.

Since Ethan was sitting next to me he turned next to me with a big smile on his face. "We're going to Cuba?" He asked me with wide eyes. I nodded my head at him with a slight smile on my face. Ethan smiled wide and gave me a warm hug. I chuckled as he then hugged Odell. Next he came back to his seat and looked to the opposite side of him which sat Jesse. "Did you know about this Jess?" He said to her. She tried to ignore him by acting like she didn't hear him but he just plucked out her headphones. She looked at him with the hardest mug in her face.

"That was Bryson Tiller." She said to him calmly. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't care. Now, did you know we were going to Cuba and is that why you were acting so shady with me last night?"

"Yes, now leave me alone until you apologize to me and your parents... Sincerely." She said as she put her headphones back inside her ear.

Ethan rolled his eyes and sat back in his seat.

"Passengers may now began boarding flight 89b at this time." The woman said. We all stood and scurried to the line. We handed the lady our board passes. She scanned them and then gestured us towards the jetway.

⬆️[Jetway]⬆️

⬆️[Jetway]⬆️

We walked through the jetway, the first of the many people boarding our flight. The greeters stood at the entrance. When they saw us they backed up so we could enter with big bubbly smiles.

We greeted them as we looked for our seats

We greeted them as we looked for our seats. We found them in a cluster close to the middle. Odell and Ethan but our carry on luggage in the overhead storage above the seats. We sat down and got comfortable. We have a long flight. I received a text. I looked down hurrying to answer because once the flight starts takeoff, it's going to have to go on airplane mode. It was Shooter.

"Wassup Rayne. Hope y'all on the way. We located Ronda and we caught a cab over to see where we'll be at. Look like she in some big palatial house. We waiting on you shawty. When you get here if we don't answer we in our hotel room just call the room number. Talk to you later."

I smiled hard as I covered my mouth. I didn't think when we got there it would be that easy to find her. I felt O staring a hole in my face so I looked at him.

"What?" I asked him with a smile.

"What you smiling so hard at?" He asked me curiously. I handed my phone to him. The more he read the bigger his smile got and the wider his eyes became.

"This is great. I just hope E takes it well." He said his smile fading making mine fade. I know for a fact Ethan is going to be pissed I just hope he doesn't get disrespectful and have Ronda regret him staying with us.

I nodded my head in agreement as he gave me my phone back.

"Perfect." I responded to Scooter before putting my phone on airplane mode and sticking it in my pocket.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight 89B to Cuba. We are currently first in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately 2 minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing Delta Airlines. Enjoy your flight." The pilot said. I sighed a little scared for the journey ahead of me. I looked around observing the plane. I realized that the window was closed so I opened it. I love to see when the plane takes off. I closed my eyes and almost immediately I felt myself moving. I opened my eyes and saw that we were taking off. I smiled but just as quick, I started to frown.