Chapter 37

Ethan Mack
Chapter 37

A few hours after my parents left, I heard the doorbell. I frowned a little not expecting anyone. Standing up and walking out of my room I started to anticipate who could be here without my knowledge. After walking down the stairs immediately, I spotted Ronda on the couch. I just turned around and ignored her gaze. I walked to the door and swung it open. Jesse was standing outside with a smile on her face. I smiled and moved out the way so she could come in. She came in and gave me a hug once I closed the door.
"Hey Jess." I said as I twirled one of her locks on my finger.

"Hey Ethan. Hey. Miss Ronda." She said greeting us.

"Hey, baby." Ronda greeted back.

I walked towards the dining room across from the living room with Jesse trailing behind me. I sat down and she took a seat across from me.

"I'm so bored." She said.

"Do you want to take a quick swim?" I suggested.

"Yeah, come on." She said as she sat her phone on the dining table. I did the same and pulled my shirt off, leaving me in my basketball shorts. I took my socks and slippers off.

Jesse followed my lead by taking off her fuzzy socks and Nike slides. We walked through the living room towards the back door leading to the pool.

I opened the door and walked to the tip of the pool

I opened the door and walked to the tip of the pool. I jumped in knowing that's the easiest way for me to muster the temperature. After the splashing of the water settled down I laughed at Jesse easing into the water shrieking every now and then.

I swam over to her and wrapped my arms around her. Her eyes bucked a little and she tried to push me away. I chuckled and pulled her closer until her entire body was wet. She relaxed and I released her. She started doing backstrokes and I just kind of floated.

She swam over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist I smiled and splashed some water. It got in her hair and she gasped. She frowned and tried to get out the pool. I laughed and pulled her into me. I kissed her lightly just as I heard Ronda's voice.

"I baked a pound cake, if you all want some you can get it. Oh my, did I interrupt something." She said sounding apologetic. I wanted to be rude but it goes against my morals. I simply looked at her and nodded.

"Thanks Miss. Ronda. We'll be there in a while." Jesse said embarrassed. I chuckled at her and she playfully slapped my chest.

"Okay, that's fine. It has to cool anyway." Ronda said. She smiled at us and walked back in the house.