Chapter 64

Rayne Korvis

Chapter 64

It's a few days before the kids go off to college at Clark Atlanta and I'm in my feelings. They're all at the mall currently buying last minute items for their rooms. The school isn't that far from my house but just the fact that there won't be kids bombarding my house everyday is really making me feel some type of way.

I never thought much about these days but I really should've prepared myself. They moved in to their dorm rooms about two days ago but they've still been visiting me so I haven't fully felt the effects of an empty house besides the presence of Rocky Brooks.

In the midst of feeling sorry for myself I heard a knock on my door. With Rocky Brooks on my hip, I walked to the front door and peeked through the small peep hole. I saw that it was Malik.

Surprised, I quickly pulled the pony tail holder holding my hair in a bun on the top of my head out and shook my head to make my freshly pressed out hair fall. I chuckled at myself because I felt the like the teenage girls in the movies strutting through the hallways with their luscious hair and expensive clothing. I glanced down at my outfit and shrugged my shoulders at my Korvis Law Firm T-shirt and Nikey Shorts.   It's not something I wanted to be seen in but Malik has seen me dressed worse. I opened the door with my right hand and looked up at the meal in front of me.

There was a quick moment of contemplation between me and my conscience about creating another child but I was taken out of my trance once he spoke and reached for Rocky.

"Wassup Rayne." He said dryly.

"Hey..." I said to him immediately turned off by the attitude.

Once he had Rocky in his arms he walked pass me towards the living room while I closed and locked the door behind him

Once he had Rocky in his arms he walked pass me towards the living room while I closed and locked the door behind him. Walking to the living room to where the duo had just arrived I watched them interact. Malik was talking in baby talk while Rocky giggled and continuously reached to grip his chin. I sat on the opposite couch and began to flip threw the channels.

"Rayne, can I ask you something?"  Malik said immediately snatching my attention

"Rayne, can I ask you something?" Malik said immediately snatching my attention.

"What?" I said trying to sound as uninterested as possible.