Chapter 58

•A few months later•
Chapter 58
Ethan Mack

"Just one more picture!" My mom said over excitedly as Malik just chuckled at her behavior. It's the first day of senior year and her along with Mama Ronda were in complete senior bliss. I rolled my eyes before looking over at Jesse and her uncle that were sitting on the couch laughing. I shook my head before waving Jesse over. She stood up and came over to where I was standing. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and smiled at both of my happily overzealous mothers cameras.

"Alright, thanks for letting us get these. These are moments that we'll never forget." Mama Ronda said.

"You're welcome but it's time for us to get to school. Bye Mama 1 and 2, Malik and Uncle G." I said waving at everyone in the room as Jesse and I walked out of the door.

"Bye!" They all sang as they watched us get in the car and pull off. It was quiet in the car which was a little off. I looked over to Jesse for a split second to see her fiddling with her fingers.

"You good J?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Ethan it's senior year and I'm a nervous wreck. We both know I don't have the best school track record. While everyone else is excited for school, I'm sitting here contemplating if I should sit in the front so I don't have to worry about constant murmurs but constantly be stared at or sit in the back where I won't be seen twenty-four seven but talked about 25/8. It's an exciting time of year, don't get me wrong but it's a lose/ lose for me. The only good thing that is coming out of school for me this year is a diploma." She said to me completely stressed.

"Jess you still have me Elliot and Eli. I asked you if you wanted me to get your schedule with all of my classes but you said no. What do you want me to do?" I asked her trying to decipher what's going on in her head.

"I don't want you to do anything. You can't be my guardian forever. I need to branch out. How is the question." She mumbled with a small frown on her face that made me subconsciously frown.

"Just be yourself Jess." I said to her not knowing what else to say.

"Being myself got me in this whole predicament in the first place. No one likes me because I was being myself." She said like she had caught an attitude. I rolled my eyes at her.

"What I'm saying Jesse is be yourself but stop being so closed off. Acthow you do when it's just Elliot, Eli and I. Let loose and stop caring what people think. If somebody has an issue, let me know or learn to take up for yourself. I'm not saying fight but if somebody step to you don't be afraid to deliver a 3 piece no chicken. Real shit." I said seriously tired of her feeling sorry for herself.

"You're right." She said sighing as she propped up on my arm rest and looked at me.

"I know. I'm always right." I said cockily. She rolled her eyes and pushed her feathered bang a little bit father back.

"That's your hair?" I asked her inquisitively. Her hair looked a bit longer than normal. Her real is hair a little longer than shoulder length and it's very full. The hairstyle she has is a little above mid back which is what triggered my curiosity.

"Nosy much. But somewhat. I added some in the back but everything else is mine. It's cute right?" She asked a little afraid.

"It's sexy as hell." I said assuring her.

"Now the rules for today are make as many friends as possible but no males." I said to her sternly making her whip her head fast as hell in my direction.

"Excuse me? I will be friends with whomever I choose." She said as if she was offended. Is scrunched up my face as if I were offended as well.

"Um, no you won't." I said to her again just in case I wasn't clear the first time.

"I will. Last time I checked I was single with no ties to anyone." She said to me. I rolled my eyes because every time we talked about the opposite sex she pulled the single card. I mean we practically act like a couple any way, just without a title. I personally just don't like titles because so much comes with them especially if you cop a jealous girl. I don't look or talk to any other girl but Jesse but I'm also not limited to one person. If my eyes wonder or I flirt a little I don't have to worry about a girl jumping down my throats about it and that's the beauty of this type of arrangement. However, I know Jesse is the complete opposite and if I want her all to myself, I'm going to have to cuff her soon. Anything for her.

"You won't be able to say that in a minute." I said to her but she ignored me. Shaking my head I pulled into the high school parking lot and parked next to Eli's car. Jesse jumped out and hugged him. She was always excited to see him and completely overjoyed to see Elliot. Sometimes I feel some type of way if I'm just being honest.

"What's up boo?" Eli said as he hugged her back. She didn't let go of him just rested her head on his chest.

"Nothing. Eli I missed you boy!" She said to him. I locked my doors and leaned on my car beside them.

"I missed you too. We have to link up so we can go to our spot." He said to her lowly as he played in her hair. I have yet to figure out what their spot is because neither one of them will tell me which honestly stresses me.

"You already know." She said as Elliot pulled up on the other side of Eli's car with his reckless ass driving. Eli let go of Jesse to eyeball Elliot as he got out of his car.

"Elliot!!!!" Jesse practically screamed. Eli and I looked at each other and shook our heads. 

"Hey bestieee!" Elliot said in a girls voice running over to her like girls be doing. Jesse jumped on him and he snapped out of his girl character.

"Damn, if you niggas not getting greeted like this then something wrong." He teased as he caught her. She hugged him tight and he held her up by her butt without noticing. When he noticed himself what he was holding he smirked and squeezed it playfully. I punched him in his arm as Jesse slapped his shoulder now trying to get down while laughing.

"I just want to know why you don't treat me like that when you see me." Eli said playfully yet serious with his arms crossed.

"Right." I said agreeing with him even though him and Elliot both  get more love than I do.

"I honestly can't even answer that. Elliot just has this different aura and it draws me to him." She said chuckling.

"She loves me, duh." Elliot said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder when we started to walk.

"I love all of y'all." She said shutting him down.

"They didn't have to know that though." Elliot said as he pushed her away and mushed her like always.

"You gone stop putting your hands on me." She said as we entered the school and went to the counselors office to pick up our schedules. Lord, just let the first day go well.

So what do y'all want to happen during the teens last year of high school? Any requests? Last chance before they're on the yard.