Chapter 66

Rayne Korvis

Chapter 66

After hurrying into my room and closing the door like Malik told me to, I grabbed Rocky's bag and my phone that was sitting on the bed stand. I couldn't help but to be afraid and shaken up. Malik's tone was serious and stern. I'd never seen him that way, making me question even more what was going on or most importantly, what don't I know about him? Wiping these thoughts from my mind, I quickly shuffled into the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

Frantically, I paced with a sleeping Rocky in my arms for a couple of minutes just trying to grasp ahold of my emotions so that I'll be focused and won't make any mistakes just in case our lives are in danger. Once, I had calmed my self enough to function I used my free hand to grab things in the bathroom like deodorant, toothbrush, tooth paste and lotion. It was hard to grip making me almost drop them a few times but I managed to carry them and Rocky into the closet with me. Immediately, I dropped the toiletries onto the carpet to get later and locked the door. I looked around and spotted two fluffy blankets.

Quickly I spread them out and fluffed them to the best of my ability with my free hand before putting Rocky on top of them so I could be free and pack quickly considering Malik still hadn't come to get me or text me. I grabbed my black backpack that I had recently bought for no particular reason actually. Quickly, I began to stuff 2 pairs of underwear, 2 black and white t-shirts, 2 bracelets, 2 pairs of socks, and 2 pairs of jeans inside.

I had a little room left in the top so I grabbed a soft pink plain blazer as well as a pair of flats and stuffed them in the bag as well. I began to hear ruckus downstairs which made my heart drop to my ass. I checked my phone and saw that I hadn't received a text from Malik. I wanted to break down and cry at this exact moment but I had to hold it together. My anxiety was about to be at its peak and I felt a panic attack coming on.

"Shit!" I whispered to myself as I collapsed to my knees. Bracing myself using my hands, I began to hyperventilate. My eyes were closed tightly as I counted in my head to 10 to calm myself. It wasn't until I heard the commotion start to become louder and closer that I was able to pull myself together. I sucked in a sharp breath and crawled quickly to my son who was thankfully still sleeping through all of this madness. I wrapped him in the top blanket and sat him inside of his carrier. He shuffled but he didn't wake. I looked around and put on my black Nike Jacket and zipped it all the way up.

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck..." I whispered literally walking around in circles trying to figure out what to do next as I heard the commotion literally right upstairs headed towards my room. Finally, I put the backpack on my back and picked up my son out of the carrier. I was fooling myself by thinking I could carry it.

"SHANE WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?" I heard Malik yell.

"I told you what I want. But I know what you want and I know there's somebody in this fucking house. I'm going to kill whoever is here then give the signal to my goons to finish off your mother... right after they have their way with her of course." I heard a voice that I didn't recognize yell.

I don't know how I could possibly make it out of here without being noticed. There's no way for me to get to the back stairs if there is people up here especially wanting to murder me and my son. I heard the door to my room fly open and heavy boots coming in contact with my Oak Hardwood floors.

I looked around and realized that their was a closet space that I had just cleaned out that maybe I could fit into.