Chapter 10

I decided to take my mothers advice. After all, she knows best, right. I also decided to stop questioning myself and go ahead and give him another chance. What kind of best friend would I be if I didn't. I would be highly upset if I would have done something to Odell and Odell wouldn't forgive me. I'm settled with my decision and I feel confident about it.

"Thanks mom." I told my mother as I exited the kitchen, walking toward the back yard. I saw Amanda sitting and eating next to my dad and Uncle Mack. Sort of like taste testing. I also saw Marcus and Lucas in the pool. From the looks of it, Odell didn't want to get in because he was dangling his feet in the pool watching everyone else swim. I started making my way to Odell. Once I made it beside him he looked up at me before quickly looking back down. I chuckled to myself. If I had any doubt about him being sorry, I have my answer now. He is never shy around me so he must be truly apologetic. I sat down at the edge of the pool beside him and took my shoes off before placing my feet in the warm water as well.

"Odell?" I called.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"I missed you." I said to him.

"I missed you too, Rayne. I really did." He said back to me.

"I just wanted to come over here and say that I want to give you another chance. I'm not going to let our 21 years of friendship go to waste. I really do love you with the deepest part of my heart. I want to over look this and start over. I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by it so I won't hold it against you. You will have to earn my trust back though so I know that you want abandon me again. Please don't do that to me though. My heart can't take that type of pain again." I said as I looked at him and he looked at me.

"Rayne, I promise I won't neglect you again. You are apart of me. I don't believe that I would be where I am now if you weren't by my side so I just want to say that I appreciate you, from the bottom of my heart and I love you with my whole heart. Thank you for being apart of me for so long." He said to me. I hugged him around his neck and he hugged me around my waist.

"I love you O!" I said

"I love you too Rayne." He said to me before chuckling. All of a sudden, we were both pushed into the pool. The fact that I can't swim made me panic but then I remembered that O can swim. I looked over to see who pushed us. It was Marcus and Lucas. They were on the ground dying of laughter. You know, Karma isn't something you want to play with and Marcus and Lucas didn't seem to care. Looks like I will be karma today. Revenge is on the way. I looked over at Odell and I could tell that we were thinking the same thing.

We both laughed before Odell swam us both back to the edge of the pool.