Chapter 52

Odell Beckham Jr. 

Chapter 52 

"Vic man I think I have a problem." I said to my friend as I sat down on his couch with my thawing peas. 

"Obviously you do bro. Lunging at your ole girl like that. You damn right you have a problem. If you weren't already messed up I'd beat your ass again no doubt." He said to me as he paced back and forth. I don't know what he was so worried about, I'm the one who blacked out and put my hands on the only woman I ever loved. 

"What are you pacing for Cruz?" I asked him as he made me irritated. I should have went to Eli's house. 

"You put your hands on Rayne and she went into labor Odell. Do you know that she will never trust you like she used to again? Or what this can do to your career if people find out? You aren't worried enough if you ask me. You are losing everything. Your fiancé, your house, your kids, and most importantly your mind. I don't know what got into you man but you need to get it straight. I don't know if you have some type of mental issue or something but in a few days when your face heals, I'm taking you to a doctor or something because you aren't yourself man. I mean I know that you see it. For gosh sakes, you should be at your house down the street with your still pregnant fiancé, and your child. Meanwhile, you forced her into labor and you're here at my house right now. Your priorities are all messed up. You said that she gave you a choice to be in this child's life and right now you're giving it up." He said to me just as he stopped pacing and started to lean against the wall with a smug on his face, his arms crossed.

"Don't you think I know that Cruz? Bruh, I am ruining my own life before my eyes! I can see the damage that I'm doing but its like I can't stop. I black out bro and I have absolutely no self control. I keep telling you this but you aren't hearing me. I went over there to talk to her and get things straight. I wasn't expecting for her to welcome me back with open arms but some of things she said which i truly deserved, triggered me. It made me feel absolute hatred and I've never felt like that before, especially when I saw that nigga sitting up there holding her hand. So, yes Vic. I know I have a problem, a large one but what I'm telling you is that I can't control myself man. There is something wrong with me and I seriously cannot help myself. So, I'd appreciate it greatly if you'd stop drilling down my throat what I did to ruin my life because trust me, I already know and its killing me. Please bro, stop. Just stop!" I said to him as I stood up and walked to the guest room that I'd be sleeping in. 

I took off my shoes and laid across the bed in a horizontal position. I opened my phone and I saw a text message from Rayne. I immediately opened it and I was lost in awe that the picture. It was a picture of my new born baby boy. It warmed my heart honestly. I wanted him so bad but he can't meet his daddy like this, can he? I read the caption under the picture and I felt a ray of emotions. 

"I hate you but I'm not keeping you from your son. If you want to come, I'm in room 2128 at Mercy Hospital. If you want your name on the birth certificate you need to come soon. I hope to see you. Oh, and don't let a few scars keep you from a life long commitment. See you O."  

I inwardly smiled and grunted. I smiled because my son is healthy and handsome but then again I was agitated because I have to face an angry teenage son who probably likes his mothers new boyfriend than me. I just hope he still respects me even if its just a little bit because everything that I've put him and his mother through, wasn't me. I have an issue that I have yet to figure out and I just want them to understand.