Chapter 35

Rayne Korvis

Chapter 35

"It feels so good to be back in the states." Ronda said as we looked at the house just kind've in a daze.

We have just arrived at our home in Atlanta from the airport

I have never been happier to be home

"I can only imagine. I said to her. Odell unlocked the door and we proceeded into the house, dragging our suitcases in. As soon as my feet hit the other side of the threshold, I left my suitcase by the door and fell into my plush couch that I missed so much. Odell chuckled and grabbed my suitcase, carrying it up the stairs.

Jesse went home to be with her uncle for the night so it was just us. A little awkward because of Ethan and Ronda, but manageable. Ethan started to follow his father up the stairs. I cleared my throat while glaring at Ethan, trying to get him to get his mothers bag.

He looked at me with a smirk before turning around and heading up the stairs, completely ignoring what I implied. I'm going to remember that when he ask for something. I scoffed and stood off of the couch.

I grabbed two of Ronda's bags and told her to follow me up the stairs. Once we reached the second floor, I took her to the guest room, purposefully the one across from Ethan's. I opened the door and walked over to the closet. I opened it and sat her bags in the back of the closet. She followed me into her closet and gasped. I looked at her confused.

"This is amazing. Back in Cuba, he only let me have like 1/3 of the closet." She said. I nodded not wanting to illuminate the subject.

I patted her back and walked to them door

"If you need something just come find me. I'll be here. You can show yourself around the house and if you get hungry you are welcome to find something in the kitchen. We will probably order some pizza later on but I don't know yet." I said to her trying to think if I had said everything.

I scoffed at the fact that I had forgotten something and walked out of her room over to Ethan's. He was unpacking his clothes while playing J. Cole which so happened to be his favorite artist.

"I don't think I've heard this song, which one is this?" I asked him. I like J. Cole and I found myself listening to him sometimes.

"It's called Apparently. You've heard it before. I think you've just forgot." Ethan said as he put his dirty clothes in his hamper and put the clothes he hadn't wore back in his drawer. I listened to the song a little.

"Think back to forest hills, no perfect home but the only thing like home I've ever known until they snatched it from my mama and foreclosed her on her loan. I'm so sorry that I left you there to deal with that alone. I was up in New York city chasing panties and getting dome. Had no clue what you was going through how could you be so strong and how could I be so selfish. I know I can be so selfish I can tell by how I treat you and my girl, damn she so selfless but she put up with my ways because she loves me like you do and no it don't always show I love her just like I love you. Damn, I need to treat you better. Wish you could live forever so we can spend more time together. I love you mama." J Cole rapped.

"Awe, I said. Maybe, you should tell your mama that something of that nature. Ethan frowned up at me like  I had two heads.

"Why would I do that. She left me, not the other way around. Why I have to talk to her not the other way around. She should initiate the conversation, not me." He said a bit defensive.

"Ethan baby, she apologized, tried to talk to you, promised she would never leave you again and told you how much she missed you while she was gone. It's not up to her anymore. It's up to you to forgive and forget. If it wasn't for me forgiving O, he wouldn't be the father figure you have today."  I said to him trying to get him to ease up on his mother. He was to bitter and with bitterness in his heart, he could be successful and have everything that his heart desires and still be unhappy because he is missing a part of him which is his mother. I know he misses her and I know that he has lots of questions for her but his pride is in the way.

" I guess that's some what of the problem ma. I loved my mom so much and she left me. I don't know why or if it was by choice because y'all never completely told me but all I know is she left. You and her were the only consistent family I had. I don't even know my father.

I'm just a hot mess momma. I don't remember much of anything about my biological mother, and absolutely nothing about my father. I feel like I don't even really know my self. It's complicated mom, and all I want is to be able to figure it out in my head before approaching her." Ethan said while putting his suit case on top of his shelf and climbing in the bed with me.

"Baby, you can't figure out much of anything without the full story. You don't know why she left you and the only person who could tell you why she left is your mother. We know half of the story and we just couldn't supply you with all of the information that you need to know. You have to talk to your mother about it. Trust me, it was never her intentions to just up and leave you, she was forced and that is about as much as I can tell you." I told him.

"Okay, I'll talk to her soon but it'll be on my time." Ethan compromised.

"I can deal with that. Try to get it done within the next few weeks because ignoring her is not going to anything but the make the situation, more complicated and awkward for you both." I said as I kissed his forehead and stood up off of his bed.

"Okay." He said to me before turning on ESPNU and watching his favorite college football team. Southern University.