Chapter 67

Rayne Korvis

Chapter 67

"Babe... Rayne?" Malik said as he began bucking to be free from the three niggas holding him to the wall.

"Wait, so you get pissed at me and curse me as a mother basically because I felt loyalty to my first love, the man I knew for a long ass time, and the father of my children... Yet, you hid the fact that you were some type of a drug lord, let greed come between you and my brother and that you're the reason my brother is dead...." I said to him shocked. He was about to speak but I put my finger up to silence him and then I spoke again.

"I just have one question and this will be the deal breaker between me and you..." I said to him with squinted eyes to hold back my tears.

"What is it?" He asked desperately.

"Did you know or realize that he was my brother at any point while you knew me?" I asked him hoping he was just as shocked as me at this news.

"Baby, lets discuss this alone. Please don't do this." Malik said breaking down trying hard to break free.

"Malik, don't make this complicated. It's a yes or no question." I said as I looked down and tried to conceal my tears.

"Yes but no at the same time! Baby, when I met you I hadn't yet figured out who your blood was but when I did I chose not to tell you because I fell for you hard Rayne... As selfish as it sounds, I didn't want the death of your brother to prevent what I knew was meant to be! I'm sorry. I knew you'd be hurt so I just never told you for this reason." He said as he was getting weak in the knees at this point.

I shook my head.

"All this time you've been throwing rocks and hiding your hands. You made me feel like a terrible woman, girlfriend, and mother. However, you never told me you had a past. A past that involved the death of my brother, and the involvement of drugs with my other. You're a piece of shit for that Malik. After you pulled that little temper tantrum stunt I was damn near depressed over your stupid ass... You know what I'm not even about to reminisce. I want you OUT. Don't come back for shit. Not for me, not for Rocky B, not for ANYTHING." I said to him as I picked up Rocky off of the bed and grabbed his bag. I followed Shane's boys in which drug him out of the bed room and down the stairs towards the front door. They drug him out of the door and then disappeared from my sight.

"I want to stay in contact with you Shane. Here put in your number." I said to him as I handed him my phone with my free hand. Quickly, he typed it in and then handed me my phone back.

"I have to go Rayne but make sure you hit me up. I want to take you and my nephew out to catch up one day this week." He said to me before jetting out of the front door.

I didn't feel safe here so I grabbed my keys and headed to the only place I felt safe at, at the moment... Odell's.

My head filled and crowded with my own thoughts, had me preoccupied to the point where I hadn't realized that I had arrived until I saw him peak out of the blinds by the front door. He opened it and hissed to himself at the cold air before jogging quickly to the car.

"You didn't tell me you were coming. Are you okay?" He said as he grabbed Rocky out of his car seat and his bag.

"I'll tell you tomorrow. Right now my head is swarming and it's starting to ache. I didn't feel safe at home and so I'm here. But hurry up inside you have on no coat and neither does my child." I said to him as I stood out of the car and grabbed my book bag. I locked my car and followed him into the house immediately glad that it was warm.

"Well you know where everything is. I'm about to go out Rocky to bed and then I'm going to sleep. I have a game tomorrow. You and Rocky Brooks coming?" He asked me as he paused and looked back at me.

"No, I don't think so but we'll be watching." I said to him a little disappointed that I wouldn't be there considering I planned to.

Odell nodded and continued to the back where Rocky's room was. I retreated to the first bedroom where Odell slept. Not even bothering to change clothes, I laid down on his bed sleepily. Odell walked into the room and gave a shocked expression that I was in here.

"Want me to sleep in a guest room?" He asked me nicely yet confused considering I'd always slept in the guest bedroom when I came over with Rocky. Tonight was different though. I longed to be held so that I could release my frustrations.

"No, just come hold me." I said to him. His eyebrows furrowed as he walked very slowly to the bed.

"You made it clear though that you were with someone." He said with an eye roll and a crossing of his arms.

"We're not together O. He put me and my baby in danger and never revealed to me his past that should've probably been mentioned way before now." I said in a bitter tone.

"Wait, he out OUR baby in danger? The hell? How?" He said a little riled up now.

"Since you can't wait till in the morning. Basically, some nigga popped up at my house trying to get him to help them with drug shit. He refused and so they over powered him and threatened to kill anything moving in the house. I was hiding with our child in the closet when they burst in the room. One of them grabbed my hair and dragged me out to be murdered with my son." I said to him pausing for effect. Odell's mouth was agape at this point and his stance was firm and bothered.

"PLOT TWIST! The leader of the niggas was someone named Shane, also known as my long lost little brother. Long story short, he notices me and gets emotional. Shane then tells me that Malik was a money hungry bastard back in the day that feigned for money and power. That greed along with jealousy got my long lost older brother shot and killed. I don't feel like explaining anything in depth so catch me later. Please.. Please just come hold me. I need it." I said as Odell shocked and still tense obliviously crawled into the bed and gathered me into his arms. His mind was racing and I could tell. But that made two of us. Occasionally, he would kiss my temple and began to rock a bit. I don't think either of us will be sleep.