Chapter 21

First Person Point of View (Rayne)

"I'm getting frustrated Rayne. We have called all around town and no one knows anyone of a damn Shooter. It's 5:00 and Ethan will be home from with Jesse any moment now. His 16th birthday is tomorrow and we still haven't told him that we are taking him to Cuba!" Odell said furiously while implanting his hands over his face trying to keep from getting angry. We both have been stressing lately. Tomorrow we are supposed to be going to Cuba to get Ronda. 

We have had absolutely no luck in finding Shooter which is the guy that Ronda told us to find the day before Ethans birthday since he knows where she is but he is untraceable. 

"Baby how about we take a break then go back to searching. Come over here." I said to Odell. He was sitting in the Lazy Boy Chair while I was sitting on the couch. He came over to me and plopped down beside me. I stood up and sat in his lap. He laid his head down on me and wrapped his arms around me. We just stayed quiet like that for about 2 minutes before he raised his head. 

"You good?" I asked him. He nodded.

I stood up and immediately received an idea. 

"O? Do you remember Nia Brown?" I asked him. 

"Yes... The one who went to high school with us. What about her?" He asked me a bit confused. 

"She dated Jeremy Wallace!" I shrieked. 

"What does that have to do with anything Rayne." Odell said starting to get irritated again. I was getting irritated that he wasn't connecting the dots.

"Odell, Jeremy Wallace was a drug dealer back then. Do you remember his street name?" I asked him. 

I saw his confused face contort into a smirk.

"Shooter." Odell muttered. 

I held up my hand so that Odell could give me a high five. He did. 

"Okay, so how are we going to find Shooter. 

Well I follow Nia on Instagram. I can DM her and ask about him." I suggested. 

"Well what are you waiting for. Hurry up!" Odell said excitedly. 

I grabbed my phone from the coffee  table and unlocked it with my finger print. I went to the instagram app. I went to the DM part and created a new message and typed in her instagram name.

To: Niaaa.brown

Wassup Nia. Its Rayne Korvis from High school. I need some info. Aight?

I texted to her. 

"Straight to the point aren't you?" Odell said with a slight chuckle. 

"Thats the only way to be." I responded, my anxiousness taking over me. Odell started to play in my hair. I heard him sniff so I hurriedly turned around. He was smelling my hair. 

"Stop being a creep." I said with a small chuckle. I felt my phone vibrate making me immediately look down at my phone. It was a DM notification from Nia. I smiled as I hurriedly placed my finger on the fingerprint scanner. I went to the Instagram app and then to my DM's. She had messaged me back.

Wassup Rayne. Long time no hear. And what you need to know?

I immediately texted her back.

To: Niaaa.brown

You still talk to Shooter?