Chapter 40

Rayne Korvis
Chapter 40

"Rayne, baby are you coming to the game?" O asked me a little anxious as he packed his uniform and game supplies in the bag.
He gets really stressed on game days.

"Yes, baby with my Giants attire, top to bottom. I'll be on the sidelines beside that famous net you love so much." I said with a smile. He smiled a little bit as he picked up his duffel and walked over to me.

"Baby you are going to do amazing. Don't stress O. You got and the rest of your team got this. Them Slawboys don't have nothing on y'all do you hear me?" I said to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He cocked his head to the side and furrowed his eyebrows a little bit.

"Rayne, you know they are undefeated they have not loss a game since the season started." He said doubt all over his face.

"Well, you and the team need to ruin their streak Dell!" I said as if it was obvious. He sighed as he looked off. "Look at me O." I said as I unwrapped my hands from his neck and put one of them on my hip. He looked down at me making me feel like a midget.

I put my finger in his chest and spoke.
"The Giants will win. Y'all have this! I promise." I said immediately realizing I said something risqué. I promised and you never promise something if he future because you never know. I just decided to stand by what I believe and go with it since I already said it.

"Well since you promised..." He said smiling, his confidence increasing.

"Before you go. I have to do something." I said as he smiled. He knew what I was speaking of. I raised his shirt and kissed the left side of his chest where my name was tattooed in a typewriter font. I pulled his shirt back down and patted his shoulder with a smile.

"You're all set sport." I said as he turned towards the door of the hotel room we rented in Dallas. Every time he had a game if I kissed his chest, it seemed like they would win. It was like a good luck type of thing.

"I love you Rayne." He said before opening he door. "I love you too Odell." I said before he closed the door. I walked to my clothes that were on the bed and began putting them on. I had 30 minutes to spare before I had to be at the stadium. I'm the lawyer for the entire team that stays on the sidelines just in case anything goes down and I also help with the players when it comes to giving them water.

Something like a football manager. I looked in the mirror examining my outfit. I had my hair in a low pony tail with my giants beanie on top of my head. A jersey with the number 13 on it and some dark blue jeans with high giants socks that came just above my boots to see the giants logo. I smiled at my reflection and grabbed my phone and $200. I also put the hotel key card in my phone wallet along with my drivers license. I placed the money in my phone wallet near the back and then stuffed it in my pocket. I walked out of the hotel room and down the hall to Ethan and Jesse's room. I knocked and they opened the door dressed as well.

"Hey mama." He spoke as they trailed behind me on the way to the elevator.

"Hey boy." I said as I checked the time. We had about 15 minutes. That's enough time to get there if Uber is on time. I checked my watch frantically as the elevator doors opened.

I walked outside and to what looked like the Uber. I checked the windshield and I saw an Uber brochure so I sighed in relief. We got into the car and it wasn't until the uber driver spoke that I realized it was Malik Vernon.