Chapter 46

Malik Vernon
Chapter 46

I've just arrived at Jolie's diner, down the street from Rayne's firm to see her sitting classily beautiful in the booth with somewhat of a nervous look on her face.

She called me about 30 minutes ago, telling me that she needed to talk to me about something important in person. Curiosity getting the best of me made me get up off my couch and come see what my baby girl wanted that was so important.

"So, can you tell me what this emergency lunch meeting is for?" I asked Rayne as I arrived where she was sitting and kissed her cheek before sitting down.

"Hey!" She said to me, glowing from her pregnancy

"Hey!" She said to me, glowing from her pregnancy. I was a bit sad when I found out because I knew it wasn't my baby in her stomach. I told her when we first met I wanted her as my future wife and mother of my children. To know that another man, a man who doesn't deserve her, impregnated her saddened me.

However, that won't stop me from helping her with the child and buying her what she and the baby needs. I'll be Odell's replacement faithfully. I'll make sure to do his job better than he ever could.

Honestly, he has to be one of the most stupidest, ungrateful, men I know. From what I know about him he's a good dude but he has attachment issues. He likes to run. I know he's a wide receiver and all but ole dude need to start running to his wife instead of away from her. Catch her heart and hold it close like you do that football.

Call me heartless but I'm kind of glad he left because he would've ruined this child. He would've taught him to run away from his problems and I'm not feeling that. If Rayne allows me, I'll be more than happy to raise her son as mine. I won't teach him to run off when things get tough like a immature little kid. I can't rock with that and I can't believe my shorty, was rocking with it faithfully for over 6 years.

"First, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being with me while Odell was gone the first time and the this time. You always are here at my lowest points and I don't ever want to let you go now. I want you here for my lowest and highest points of my life because you're one hell of a great partner. Thank you for never treating me dirty. You give me hope that not all men are terrible people and also hope that my son won't turn out as a terrible person. Secondly, I want to say I love you and I haven't stopped since our first relationship. I didn't break up with you for O. I left you because I loved you too much to have you as my rebound. I kind of wish that I wouldn't have left because I was acting cowardly just like Odell and I didn't realize it. Lastly, I want to tell you that I'm ready. I'm ready to love you and only you. I mean of course I still have love for O but I'm ready for something real. I don't want any fake love no more. I just want you. Also, I'd hope you'd be with me through the birth and the upbringing of my child and my teen Ethan. I'm not asking you to be a daddy to my son or Ethan because they have one but I'd love it if you were there as a father figure. A man to guide them the best way persistently, in a way Odell never could. I know that you won't ever punk out on me and you'll be with me through everything. I love you Malik Oliver Vernon. Be with me through thick and thin?" She said to me, true passion leaking from ever uttered word.

I don't remember her ever being this genuine in speech toward me and it honestly made me feel like the best person in the world. My baby was actually inviting me into her life instead of me trying to prod my way in. It felt so good to be wanted by your partner just as much as you want them. It's not the first time she's made me speechless but it's the first time I've felt myself fall into another rim. Like I'm seriously happy and I haven't been since I left.

"Of course baby." I said to her as I slid out of my side of the booth and walked to her side of the booth sliding in next to her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into me gently. I kissed from her cheek bone, to her jaw bone to her chin. She shuttered under me as I finally kissed her lips, tenderly but with everything in me.

I pulled away and leaned down to kiss her stomach.

"Hey baby. I can't wait to meet you." I whispered to her stomach before placing one last kiss on it.

"I promise to love you and your children as long as I live and that's a promise that will not be broken. I promise I'll never leave you in the dark on purpose, I'll make sure I try my hardest to keep our family together and with a tight bond. I promise I'll never cheat on you or leave you. I promise to not go to bed angry as long as we talk it out. Maybe irritated but not angry. I promise to go to bed with you and my family on my mind and no one else. I promise to respect you and never put my hands on you. I promise to never neglect you on purpose. Lastly, I promise I won't give you up if you don't want to be given." I said to her looking her directly in her eyes as tears sprang from hers as she looked in mine. When I finished she kissed me again.

"That's the most beautiful thing I ever heard Malik

"That's the most beautiful thing I ever heard Malik. You are such a great man and I will not let you slip through my fingers so easily again." She said to me. I nodded as I wiped her tears. She stared into my eyes before leaning into me and resting her head on my chest. I held her in that position, in that booth, in that diner for as long as she needed.