Chapter 16

Three Years Later
Odell Beckham Jr.
(Proposal in the multimedia  minus the dancing in the beginning and picture the couple as Rayne and Odell😉)

"Rayne?" I called out to her as I was walking inside the house from throwing the football with Ethan and my male best friend, Jarvis Lamdry.

"Yes babe?" She said as she walked out of the kitchen.

"What are you making that smells so good?" I asked her as I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Nothing major. Just some candy yams, corn bread, baked chicken and green beans." She said as she wiped some sweat from my eye.

"Nothing major? Girl you showing out today." I said as I hugged her a little tighter.

"I cook meals like this everyday. I'm surprised your not used to it by now." She said with a small smile.

"I'm glad you do. Makes me want to wife you up a bit more every day." I said. She smiled and  pulled away from me while blushing.

"We haven't even been engaged for a year." She said as if she was a little shocked.

"I know but you know how I feel about you girl... I love you." I said.

"I love you too O." She said to me as she started to head back to the kitchen. She looked over everything and then started to cut everything off and fix our plates.

"Is Jarvis still here? Do I need to fix him a plate?" Rayne said.

"No. He left. Vanessa wanted him to come home early." I said to her.

"Him and his wife are so cute." Rayne said while shrieking. I nodded.

"Ethan!" I yelled.

"Sir?" He said as he walked into the kitchen. I could tell he had showered.
"Set the table and help Rayne." I said as I ran out the kitchen towards the stairs to take a shower.

I'm not about to be the only sweaty person down there. I stripped as soon as I reached our room and closed the door. Immediately after walking into the bathroom, I turned the water on and got in. I didn't care that it was cold considering I'm the opposite.

I am glad that Rayne doesn't care about that type of stuff though. She still hugs me, talks to me, and kisses me. That's why I can't wait to make her my wife. We've been engaged for a little over nine months and it's been wonderful. It's been a few bumps in the road but nothing we couldn't handle.

Ethan is 13 now and raising him is a blast. He's such a respectful child and that makes our job so much easier. I look at that boy like he's mine. Forget that, he is mine.

He supports me at my games when Rayne can't be there due to her law firm and I support him in everything he does in school. That's my boy. I remember when a year ago he started calling us mom and dad.

We acted calm in front of him but that night we lost our cool. You couldn't tell us nothing for at least a week. A month after that, I proposed to Rayne during 3rd quarter at a basketball game during a Chicago Bulls Luvable performance while Bruno Mars performed Marry You.

She said yes and the rest is history. I love that girl with all of my heart not including some of my heart that's reserved for my mother and for Ethan.

I'm thinking that tonight I'm going to talk to her. I'm going to let her know I'm ready to marry her as soon as possible. It depends though. Timing is everything.