Chapter 31

Jesse

Chapter 31

I heard knocking on our hotel room door. I inwardly grunted, not wanting to move from Ethan's embrace. I tried scooting out of the bed but I halted when I heard Ethan's sleepy voice.

"Where you going?" He asked groggily as he pulled me back closer.

"Someone is at our door." I told him wishing that whoever it was would go away. They knocked again. Ethan loosened up his embrace and retracted his arm. I got out of the bed and walked to the door. I opened it and it was Rayne and O.

"Hey y'all." I said greeting them as I opened the door wider for them.

"Hey Jesse. What took you so long to open the door?" Rayne said with one of her eyebrows raised.

I quickly made up lie not wanting her to separate our rooms from suspecting we were doing anything.

"I was on the balcony." I said to them. Rayne nodded her head as she went over to Ethan. She sat on the bed and shook him a little.

"Baby, we are about to go out to eat. Get dressed." Rayne said once he opened his eyes.

"No, momma. You and dad go. Jesse and I are going to check the area out." Ethan said.

"I don't know if i want my 16 year old son out roaming the streets this time of night in a foreign country." Rayne said a little skeptical.

"Mom please? After all I've been through today, I think I deserve to go where I please for the remainder of my birthday." Ethan said.

"How do you know Jesse want to go with you?" O asked.

"Because she's my best friend. She always wants to be with me... Just like I want to be with her." Ethan said turning over to look at me. He is so cute. How did I get a best friend like this.

"I guess Ethan." Rayne said as she stood up sighing.

"Well we'll get going so you too can get back to cuddling." Odell said. My mouth dropped, surprised that they knew what we were doing.

"How did you know." I asked shocked.

"We heard you talking as soon as we knocked and you didn't seem to be all the way on the balcony. Plus we've been your age before and in your shoes." Rayne said laughing at us.

"My son is turning my poor daughter in law out. She's never lied to us before." Odell said jokingly but I felt a little bad. Ethan stood up out of the bed laughing.

"Get out." He said pointing to the door.

His parents through their hands in the air with smiles and walked out of the door. Once the door shut, Ethan shook his head and slowly walked over to me.

"You make me happy." He said as he walked in my personal bubble, making my breath hitch in my throat.

"You're so corny." I said laughing it off as I shoved him away playfully.

He licked his lips.

"Nah, I'm serious." He said as he grabbed my hands and pulled me close.

"Ethan I really like you." I said as I started swinging our arms.

"I know. If you didn't we wouldn't be best friends." He said as if what I said was obvious to the entire world.

"You not catching my drift. I like you Ethan more than a friend." I said squeezing his hand a little bit, afraid of his answer.

"In that case, the feeling is mutual baby girl." He said as he dropped my hands and pulled me into him by my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he moved his hands to the small of my back.

"Don't be nervous Jesse. Its just me." He said chuckling. He knows Ive never been this close to a guy before and I'm a little tense. I dropped my head on his chest to give my blushing a chance to go away. He lifted my head by my chin and bent down a little to peck my lips.

"How long have you liked me?" He asked me.

"I've crushed on you since that day when we went to the fair but I felt that you would never like a girl like me." I said shaking my head.

"A beautiful girl that loves me for me, comforts me, hangs out with me all the time, gives me advice, has my back, cooks for me, takes random rides with me, plays sports with me, and cherishes me. Why wouldn't I like a girl like that?" Ethan told me intimidating me by the second. I blushed, hard! I tried to speak but nothing would come out.

"You are beautiful. I love you with my entire heart Jesse. Through all this going on in my life right now you are with me, helping me through. If you weren't here right now, I'd be a depressed mess laying in bed, but you pull the best out of me." Ethan said. He's making me feel so good, its scary. It feels like a dream, a good dream. I bit my lip and started kissing him again. We started putting a bit of pressure in. Ethans hands started to drop lower and lower at a time. We started moving backwards until my back hit the wall. I felt myself lift my leg because the kiss was so good. I learned that I like it when Ethan is the dominant one and the one taking the lead. We both slowed down before pulling away. We put our foreheads together trying to catch our breath.

"I'm about to take a cold shower

"I'm about to take a cold shower. I'm going to calm my hormones and then get dressed." Ethan said slightly still out of breath. I nodded my head as he pulled away from me and hurried into the bathroom. I heard the shower start before he closed the door. I shook my head. That boy is going to be the death of me.