40: Memories

Hiiiii.

Enjoy x

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Morning kitty." Louis sighs blinking his swollen eyes, as he removes the furry animal from his face.

The kitten mews as Louis sets it aside from the bed to the floor.

Louis' head spins as he pads down the hallway and into the kitchen to find Harry sitting with his head down on the table.

Ignoring him, Louis instead utilises the time in making the much needed morning tea.

"I've invited Caroline over. Just thought I should inform you." Harry mumbles, getting up to grab some juice from the fridge.

Louis swallows thickly.

Ignoring the lump in his throat, he nonchalantly nods and continues making the tea.

He will not be affected by this. He's over Harry, anyways.

'Keep stalling.' His traitorous mind thinks as Harry brushes past him.

———

After a long day at school Louis meets up with the rest of the boys.

Somehow he manages to escape Liam's interrogation, distracting them and changing the subject of discussion.

All in all, he somehow manages to stay out most of the time. That is until he absolutely has no choice but return to his - um, their- flat. 

Preparing himself for facing Harry and his girlfriend, Louis walks home from school and into the dark alley. Louis couldn't afford to let his mates know about Harry living with him. 

'They won't understand. They won't let me live with him. I want to do this for myself. I can handle this myself. I don't want to burden them. Not again.'  Louis thinks as he quickens his pace, stepping further into the dark alley.

  ———  

Harry sighs impatiently as Caroline continues to crawl all over him, trying to 'turn him on' as she had whispered not-so-seductively in his ear.

'God. Where is Louis? He should've been home by now...' Harry thinks worriedly.

Caroline tries to continue whatever she is doing but Harry stands up.

"Listen, you need to leave. I have somewhere to be." Harry tries explaining as nicely as he can.

Caroline stares at him open-mouthed for about five seconds, before she makes a weird face and gets off of Harry.

"You are gay, aren't you?" She smirks dirtily, picking up her purse. Harry stares at her in disbelief before flipping her off.

Scowling at him one last time, she heads out of the door with a huff.

Harry falls back on the couch sighing disappointedly.

Louis was supposed to be here to see Harry with Caroline. He was supposed to feel the hurt like Harry does when Louis is with that Stan.

He should've felt betrayed like Harry did, when Louis cheated on him. 

Yes, Harry was informed by Rob that Louis had cheated on him. 

-Flashback-

*After the party*