46. Confused Beans

How are you, all?
I bet you have missed me. ;) Just kidding. I am sure, you haven't.

Anyways, sorry for all this delaying thing.. Life's been hard.

Enjoy...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So, what's happening with you and the boys? "

Zayn turns his head back rapidly, seeing Louis standing in his typical I-know-you-are-hiding-something position.

"Um.. I don't know. Why would you think that? " Zayn says, knowing that there is a 99% chance of Louis getting it out of him soon.

"Well, I don't know.. It's probably because you have been avoiding me and Harry since the morning. " Louis says, narrowing his eyes.

Zayn almost facepalms but withdraws his hand on time.

"Louis, it's only 10 A. M. though..? " Zayn tries playing the I'm-confused card.

"Oh yeah. But here's the thing. You are hiding something. Tell me. " Louis says, crossing his arms.

"Ah. But I don't wanna. "  Zayn, says smirking.

"Zayn. " Louis warns.

"Alright. It's just that.. Today is Harry's birthday. And we were planning some sort of surprise. " Zayn says, knowing very well The-Tommo-tickle-fight that might ensue, if he wouldn't tell him right away.

"What? I-I didn't know! " Louis says pouting, seemingly sad.

"Well.. I didn't think that you'd want to know. . . After all, you do hate him." Zayn says, coyly, not that Louis noticed.

"Yeah. . . I, uh, yes of course. I-I uh, never mind... " Louis stumbles over his words, his face betraying every word coming out of his mouth.

Zayn almost smiles, but catches himself.

"Uh, yeah. So, we assumed you wouldn't want anything to do with it, now would you. . .?"

"Yeah. No. I mean yes, why would I want anything to do for Harry. . . ?"

"Mhm. Thought so ." Zayn clicks his tongue.

"Right. So I, uh, should. . ." Louis trails off not knowing what to say and randomly points to his room.

"Yeah. Do carry on. "

Zayn smirks and goes right back to the phone call.

*In Louis' Room*

Louis paces back and forth with his hands held firmly by his sides.

'I hate Harry. I hate Harry. I hate Harry. '

Louis seriously needs to get that into his head.

But all that was really going on in his head was, the fact that he didn't even know when Harry's birthday was!

Moreover, he was worried about Harry having a nice birthday and what gift he should give Harry. .

'No. No. No. Don't forget about the past. Remember who Harry really is.'

Now with his head within his hands, Louis sits down on the edge of his bed.
Deciding it was just best to ask for advice, he calls up Liam.

"Hey Lou. "

"Hi Li.. Do you have a minute?"

"Uh yeah. What's wrong? "

"I think I -"