53: Can't

Hii.

Sooo, surprise ;)
I wanted to give you all this chapter, because I know. I know how hard it is to stay quarantined.

Trust me. You're way better in your houses than having to work and go face to face with COVID-19 like the doctors. Like me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Louuuu." Harry sighs contently as he watches his boyfriend get up from the bed, starting to get ready for school.

"Yes, Harry." Louis says, rummaging through his closet for something to wear.

"What? No baby, no Hazza, no love." Harry teased, getting up from the bed.

"Uh. Hmm." Louis says, quickly gathering up his things and practically racing to the shower.

"Wha-" Harry tries to ask, but Louis is already showering.

' Weird ' Harry thinks as he goes to freshen up in his own bathroom.

They had skipped so much school, Louis had finally decided to go to school, despite Harry's tempting offer to stay home and cuddle all day.

While eating the chocolate chip pancakes, Louis rushes through with his ones, complimenting Harry about how good of a cook he is.

Harry smiles and kisses Louis' cheek.

After they've practically eaten all their stomachs can possibly bear, they head out.

"Louis, are you sure you're ready. . ?" Harry asks, once again, a bit worried.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Now, let's get to school. You know we can't miss anymore classes." Louis says, not meeting Harry's eyes.

"Louis." Harry says, placing a gentle hand on Louis' forearm.

'Fuck it. I'm not doing it. I can't.'
Louis gulps, forcing a smile as he feels Harry's hand coming to move his chin up.

"Please. Tell me. Are you really, really ready? You can stay at home, you know. If you want, I'll stay away from you. I won't bother you. But Lou, please. " Harry whispers, his eyes glistening a little bit.

"No, Haz. I'm all good, now. Please, don't worry about me. I'm fine, really. See." Louis says, as he hugs Harry.

"Please don't be sad, Haz. No. No. Please." Louis says, cupping Harry's cheeks.

Harry gives him an assuring smile, leaning in for a kiss.

Louis smiles and kisses Harry, while hugging his waist.

Harry sighs happily.

"You wanna go or are you finally giving in to this fine damn bod? " Harry winks, gesturing to his own body and making an 'oh-damn-that's-hot' face.

"To who? A frog face? Never!" Louis laughs, heading towards the passenger's seat.

Harry smiles, his dimples denting deep into his cheeks as he climbs in the driver's seat.

"So, what's your agenda, Boo?" Harry jokes, reversing the car. His tongue sticking out in concentration.

"What?" Louis asks, a confused expression on his face as he tilts his head.

"You know, the school and all. How would you conquer it all?" Harry grins, placing one hand on the steering wheel while holding out the other one to fake-interview Louis.

"Oh. Uh. . I don't know. Just routine, I guess." Louis says, chuckling .

"The routine? No. We'll have to change that a bit. Won't we?" Harry winks.

"Harry. " Louis warns, not understanding anything at all.

"Okay, jeez. Don't get your panties in a twist."

Louis swats at Harry's hand.

"Tell me."

"Okay, but you asked for it. So, iamkindayourboyfriendnownitstan."
Harry rattles off with such a speed, that Louis almost has whiplash with how fast he's turned his neck.

"Harry, I don't understand. What are you even saying? Speak slowly." Louis says, his eyes wide, hands clammy.

"I am your boyfriend, now. Right? Official boyfriend, right? Whatever you want, I guess. . . But, I think you should tell Stan. And everyone else. It is your decision, and I know this is very soon and all, but I thought that maybe you and I can come out at school, too? I mean, not you. . You're already out. Jesus. I mean, I am wearing the floral shirt. No. No. I'm not trying to be stereotypical and all but. Oh god. This is hard. Wait, what I'm trying to say is —"

"Alright. I get it, Mr. Styles. The gay fashion icon. You wanna be my exclusive boyfriend." Louis mocks, trying to hide the fact that his heart is thumping very loudly in his chest.

"Yeah. Ok, good. Thank god." Harry takes a breath, peeking at Louis from the side, waiting patiently for his answer.

"Yes. Okay. We can do that. I will. I mean. Ah. Yes. I will. " Louis fumbles, trying to say the right thing.

"Aww. Look at you, Boobear. Soooo cuteee ." Harry coos, his hand coming to pinch Louis' cheek.

"I'm not cute. I'm tall. I'm 5'9". Respect me, peasant." Louis says, making a silly face while trying to avoid Harry's hand.

"Hey. Let me check that fact right now. Let me pull over, so I can check, for the facts. You know, I can climb over or you can, and I can check what size you are—" Harry says, wiggling his eyebrows as his hands make crude gestures.

"Focus, Mr. Styles. You're going to get us killed with that level of concentration." Louis jokes, taking Harry's hand, interlocking their fingers.

"Don't say that." Harry breathes out, all traces of humor gone from his face. Hand holding onto the wheel so tightly, it almost turns white.

"I'm sorry. I was just joking. H-harry?" Louis says, a worried look settling on his face as he tries to ease Harry's tension .

Harry squeezes Louis' hand.

"I'm okay. It's just. I can't lose you, Louis." Harry whispers, his tone almost incoherent.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean—" Louis continues, not able to hear what Harry said, but wanting to comfort Harry, nonetheless.

"I can't. I can't lose you, Louis. You are the best thing that happened to me. Fuck, I didn't think it was possible. But yes, I am in love. In a real relationship. And it hurts, even when I think anything wrong ever happening to you. Please. I will die before I let anything happen to you." Harry says, a tear trickling down his cheek.

"No. No, Haz. Of course you won't lose me. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. And neither are you. I was just joking around. I'm sorry. I don't want to lose you, too. I love you too. Please, don't cry. I can't see you like this, baby. Please." Louis says, placing small kisses on Harry's hand.

Harry gives a watery smile, his eyes twinkling a bit.

Louis smiles back, taking in the beautiful boyfriend of his.

'I am glad I didn't do it.'

And when they reach, they proudly hold hands.

Blissful looks on their faces as they make a comeback together. As a couple. As lovers.

•••••••••••••

Hi.

Surprise, surprise!

How was it?

Any theories as to what is going on?

Please comment, vote and share.

It means the world to me.

Q. Do you think I should keep goals on each chapter?

All the love, as always,
LarryHaveBabies xx.