The Geust

Dawn was just breaking when we got back to the Cornucopia. The sky was alive with color. Reds, yellows, oranges, and pink. It looked beautiful. It was all fake, but still beautiful. Marvel was sitting up stocking the fire. Glimmer was curled up next to him. She looked so peaceful like that. Not like a ruthless killer who wouldn't hesitate to slit my throat. "Who was it?" Marvel asks looking at us.

"Who knows." Cato says.

"Who cares." Clover echos.

"She was from District 8." i said agitated. The all turn to look at me. Glimmer has stirred, looking around confused her eyes settle on me like everyone else.

"What?" Cato asks.

"The girl you killed was from District 8." i said crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"You mean that you killed. I apparently just injured her." Cato said looking away from me and rummaging through a crate.

"I didn't kill her. She was dead by the time i got there." a simple lie. They don't need to know i tried to comfort her. Tried to tell her i was sorry i couldn't save her.

"How do you know she's from District 8?" Glimmer asked. She actually looked curious. I glance down at her.

"I never forget a face." i respond. Nobody else says anything. With a heavy sigh i sit off to the side of them and their little powwow. That's when we hear the noise a giant banging and a scream. It's shrill and loud. Glimmer, Clover, Cato, Marvel look around. I don't. I don't want to know what it is. A canon doesn't go off.

"It came from that direction." Clover says pointing off into the distance.

"Well let's go see who it is." Marvel says grabbing up a spear. I can just see the smile on his face. This is disgusting. I was not going to go with them on this adventure.

"Catora." Cato called out. I looked up at him. "Are you coming?" he asked.

"No." i replied immediately.

"You're coming." Cato says gruffly stalking toward me. I stand and glare at him.

"No. I'm. Not." i said through my teeth. He grabbed my arm roughly pulling me along. I twisted his arm around using the force of his grip on mine to help me. He yelped confused and let go of me. I quickly pushed him away from me. "I've seen enough!" i shouted at him. He was glaring at me nostrils flaring. He was going to yell at me but i didn't care.

"I can stay too." a timid voice said. We both whipped around to stare at Glimmer who hadn't moved from her spot.

"Well i'm staying too." Cato growled.

"We're not going to kill each other." Glimmer and i shouted in unison. I looked at her uncomfortably. Cato laughed slightly and put his hands on his hips.

"Fine, BUT if either one of you is dead when i get back. I will kill the other." Cato said grabbing up his sword and running after Marvel and Clover. With a roll of my eyes i crossed my arms and walked away. Glimmer went back to stocking the fire. I went over to where Cato had made me drop my bow and arrows. Picking up the bow i examined it and the arrows. I was feeling agitated, and more importantly pissed off. Back home whenever i felt like this the only thing that calmed me down was hunting.

"You're welcome." Glimmer called out. I looked back at her as i pulled the strap of my quiver over my shoulder.

"Thanks..." i said confused. Glimmer rolled her eyes.

"I stuck up for you. I didn't have too, but i did." she told me.

"Why did you?" i ask walking toward her. She shrugged. She was on the ground knees to her chest ,hugging her legs and staring into the fire.